This Page

has been moved to new address

Dirty Linen

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alexander Residence: Dirty Linen

Sunday 5 September 2010

Dirty Linen

My last post was all about Dirty Linen, literally. A quick update on that front. Miss L is better and has been making up for being too tired to talk for three days by talking solidly. My OH got in and I ran straight out in my jogging gear desperate to leave the house for the first time in four days. So the cobwebs are blown away. We have dealt with the dirty linen and the stack of dishes.

Dirty Linen is also my novel. I wrote the first three chapters as an assignment for my OU course and have been trying to keep developing it. I found the most brilliant book for aspiring authors. it's called The Weekend Novelist. Each chapter has really simple techniques to help you plan, structure and write your novel. Its like having someone holding your hand. Perfect. I had been trying to free write as much as possible chapter by chapter but kept getting stuck. I really like this approach, it's methodical but still creative. I am hoping after all this planning the actual writing will be much easier.

Dirty Linen is set in a hotel, it's about immigration, people trafficking and belonging. My friend who works in publishing keeps asking me what genre it is. I keep mumbling something about sort of thriller but not. We decided on Richard and Judy book club.

This post has been dusted off again as part of the Blog Gems linky at The King and Eye. Have a look at other bloggers' Blog Gems here:

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 2 January 2011 at 18:35 , Blogger Looking for Blue Sky said...

Fair play to you for sharing a resource for budding authors, I'd say many readers would love to check this out. I don't have the patience or the talent to write a book and am full of admiration for anyone who attempts it. Best of luck with 'Dirty Linen'.

 
At 5 January 2011 at 08:48 , Blogger Loz said...

And I'll ask if you're going to publish it first on a blog.
I'm here from Blog Gems :)

 
At 7 January 2011 at 15:28 , Anonymous @jencull (jen) said...

How has it been going? Hope it is shaping up well, though I know you have been concentrating on ghosts recently :D Thanks for joining in Blog Gems :) Jen

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home