This Page

has been moved to new address

Some lovely bloggers and tweeters

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alexander Residence: Some lovely bloggers and tweeters

Thursday 6 January 2011

Some lovely bloggers and tweeters

I am continually taken aback by how much blogging and tweeting has changed my perspective. It's lovely to feel part of a community.  This week I have been bowled over by the encouragement of other bloggers.

I posted about my struggles with my ghost story for Open University Creative Writing Diploma assignment. I had to adapt my short story into a stage or radio play or film and I had this ghost that just would not work however I tried.  Loads of lovely bloggers gave me suggestions (and a whole pile of ghost books, films and tv shows to distract myself with). Headhuntress, Mummysquared, @jencull (jen), This Mid 30s Life, MaƱana Mama, Imperfect Pages.  Suddenly it felt like I had a team of 'ghostwriters'.  (Sorry  - couldn't resist).

This week I tweeted that I was just printing out my radio play to read out to myself and Him up North, from the Blog Up North, asked what I was writing and offered to read it.  And do you know what, he actually did, and sent me some fab words of encouragement.  I told him he should get into writing beyond the blog, his blog is always a good read, witty, original and well written.

Next Kirsty at Imperfect Pages suggested I record it. Brilliant idea. She's clever you know, a Philisopher, and always full of brilliant, imaginative solutions on twitter.  And her blog is a lovely, intelligent, interesting place to visit.

Unfortunately I haven't got the energy to master podcasting tonight, in order to share the dodgy recording I made with you (any advice there gratefully recieved!).  But there I was making the sound effects, wind, creaky doors, footsteps.  I was having great fun, until I woke the 4yo with my over zealous footsteps. Then Mr A came home and caught me at it, very embarrassing. And then I listened to it back, and imperfect pages was right, recording yourself does make you sound like your posh friends from school. (I wonder what happens to posh people? Do they sound like the Queen?)

Embarrassments aside, being a 'one woman radio play' really helped me be objective about it and I'm quite proud of the end result.  And I've just sent it to my tutor hurrah!

Thanks you lovely people, for all the encouragement.

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

At 6 January 2011 at 23:06 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was my pleasure, P. Thank you for your words of encouragement.

You should have said you were going to record it. I could supply male voice! Flat northern vowels come as standard, I'm afraid. I didn't have any posh friends ;)

Well done and best of luck with your piece.

 
At 6 January 2011 at 23:09 , Blogger Headhuntress said...

Thank you for the mention. It is always a pleasure to help someone warm and sparkling with creativity like you. I definitely want to hear the play! I bet it's fabaroonie.

Open university is hard enough at the best of times, it's even harder when you have a family and work to organise, it drove me mad. But working out of the comfort zone and creating a one woman radio broadcast is quite a challenge indeed. It sounds brilliant though.

Joining Twitter and finding all these amazing blogs around has been one of the best things I ever did, I absolutely love to hear about and feed off everyone's creativity. And I can't wait for that Podcast! If you don't get round to it, please do share with me via the script.

Love Headhuntress xxx

 
At 6 January 2011 at 23:18 , Anonymous @jencull (jen) said...

Yaaaay, you got it done. Actually, I haven't seen much of you on twitter the last few days so that explains why, you were busy lol. Anyway, pleeeeeease put it up as a podcast, I would love to hear it, especially as I feel like I might have contributed a smidgen of support towards it :D Thanks for the mention, appreciate that. Jen

 
At 7 January 2011 at 07:16 , Blogger This Mid 30s Life said...

Glad that's worked out well! x

 
At 7 January 2011 at 14:17 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Him up North - flat nothern vowels I like it, I kept lapsing back into mine. Bit posh from teaching drama down South for 7 years, but I have a real mongrel accent.
Headhuntress - you are spot on as always, it does make a huge difference to be surrounded by other people's creative energy, has definitely inspired me!
Jen- podcasting seems so complex, so easy to plonk a video on, you'd think sound would be easier!
Mid 30s- cheers!

 
At 7 January 2011 at 15:02 , Blogger Kate said...

Would love to hear it too! Great to hear encouraging stories like these. Been thinking of you alot this week - hope all well - will be in touch. x

 
At 7 January 2011 at 21:06 , Blogger MichelleTwinMum said...

Well done you. You are so right, it is an amazing community we are part of. Mich x

 
At 7 January 2011 at 21:15 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Kate-I am really looking forward to catching up, it's been a manic week and i have missed my visits to lots of my fave blogs x
Mich- spot on, it's an amazing community.

 
At 7 January 2011 at 22:00 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for being so kind about me and my blog. I'm glad to have helped a little bit and I'm sure it will be fab.

I agree that Headhuntress is just right about being part of this creative blogging community. I've been amazed and inspired by all the bloggers out there: mothers (and fathers) living their lives, raising their kids, and finding all these different ways to express themselves and say something about what we're all doing. I love it. I just wish I had more time to be on Twitter and read more blogs!

 
At 7 January 2011 at 23:08 , Blogger Rachel said...

Excellent, glad to have been a part of it, and well done you! Can't wait to read it/hear it.
~M

 
At 10 January 2011 at 09:25 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Imperfect pages - you are so right and i loved your post on creativity. It's so hard, esp I think with little children, to find the time for this I agree!
Manana Mama - I just loved your Mexican ghost story. eeek!

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home