This Page

has been moved to new address

Halloween Party ideas

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alexander Residence: Halloween Party ideas

Saturday 22 October 2011

Halloween Party ideas

I stumbled upon some shots from a Halloween party for 1-4 year olds last year.  I thought I would share some of the fun ideas my friends and I came up with.

Whilst being somewhat lacking in the nutrition department, these cheese sandwiches I made, with spider and worm cookie cutters, went down well.  Jam, which looked like blood and guts was also a winner. The centrepiece is spaghetti and maggot shaped sweets.  Lovely.


Halloween sandwiches
I don't think Halloween has to mean scary costumes, especially for little ones. My husband had just brought these back from a business trip, possibly more for his own amusement, so that's what my two wore.

Pre schoolers love messy play.  My friend E came up with these fabulous sensory delights.  We just had a play, and joked they looked like witches' eyeballs. Older children though, could do this blindfold and try and imagine what body parts they are handling, e.g. grapes as eyeballs, spaghetti as guts, an apricot as a tongue. It's a Halloween classic.




My friend K came up with the idea of wrap your mummy up as a mummy.  This can also be fun as a competition, with two teams racing to wrap up two mummies, or daddies.


One mummified mummy. Sorry to my friend S.

Taa daa!  Happy Halloween preparations!  And if you are still after a Halloween costume, check out my fancy dress post.  

Have you got any other fun Halloween party ideas?  

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 23 October 2011 at 10:03 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the sensory game, I used to use the hollowed out bit of pumpkin, because blind folded that really feels yukky!!!

Turning ping pong balls into eye balls and having a throwing game. You can stick 4 pieces of A4 paper together to make a giant face and get the eyeballs into bowls where the eyes should be.

My guys always make some sort of Halloween decorations to decorate the house, even now!!!Plus of course bake some halloween goodies or baddies :-)

Have a fun Halloween x

 
At 24 October 2011 at 15:18 , Anonymous TheBoyandMe said...

Love your sandwiches, they look very scary! Will make a note of that Wrap your mummy as a mummy game for next time!

 
At 24 October 2011 at 20:23 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Ali - Great ideas, esp now I have a use for hollowed out pumpkin! Have a great time!

The Boy and Me - you still have time this year! Great one because you're (hopefully) guaranteed to have all you need in the house already.

 
At 25 October 2011 at 10:32 , Blogger Liz Burton said...

Great ideas!

Love the Mummy Mummies!

 
At 25 October 2011 at 11:39 , Anonymous Elaine said...

Looks like you had great fun... I have memories of both of those games from Guide halloweeen parties

 
At 27 October 2011 at 15:13 , Anonymous Emma @mummymummymum said...

oooh I love those ideas, i'm going to try the jelly one this weekend. xx

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home