This Page

has been moved to new address

Listography - Top 5 places

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alexander Residence: Listography - Top 5 places

Thursday 13 January 2011

Listography - Top 5 places

Kate Takes 5 has a fab linky called Listography. The theme this week is top five places. I'm going to struggle here as I haven't travelled anywhere near as much as I would like. So there may be a few cheats.

1. Our Caravan.
(I'm a caravanner and proud - Top Gear get lost, ironically Mr A is watching an episode where they ridicule caravans as I type).  It's taken us to so many places, most of them very local. But give me waterproofs, wellies, countryside, my family followed by snuggling up in the caravan, the whistling kettle, hot chocolate, my tartan rug, a film, popcorn and anywhere could be my top place.
Our caravan antics, just like this
2. Brighton.
I lived here for a summer as a student working as a chambermaid at The Grand Hotel, and again for 2 years with Mr A before we had kids. It's leftie, seedy, bohemian, cultured, veggie friendly, green and by the sea. Everything my current suburban locale isn't.  Grrrrr!

Saltdean beach, down the road from Brighton
3. New Brunswick Canada
We went their on honeymoon to discover Mr A's birthplace. Kayaking around loads of tiny islands amongst seals was my favourite bit. Quebec and Montreal rocked too, Canada is just a very cool place.

4. Bewilderwood is my top family place to visit
It's a theme park in Norfolk without the tack, the only one that as an adult has made me feel the magic behind the theme.  The only one where the whole family can do everything together (even the nearly 2 yo took part and I saw lots of grandparents).

5.  Bed
Tops them all as a place to visit. And it's the one room in our house where (in my opinion) our complete lack of interior decorating nous failed.

Butterfly themed bedroom
Go and check out the other lists, I'm looking forward to adding some more places to my list. Click the picture below to visit Kate's top blog (ooops that's 6 top places to visit sorry).

Photobucket

Labels: , , , , ,

13 Comments:

At 13 January 2011 at 22:04 , Blogger This Mid 30s Life said...

You added "bed!!" A girl after my own heart. And my grandfather's. x

 
At 13 January 2011 at 22:05 , Anonymous Hannah said...

Wow. A butterfly-themed bedroom!

*steals your decor idea*

 
At 13 January 2011 at 22:33 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Mid 30s - oh yes, thanks to you and your grandfather's words via twitter earlier. I feel you gave me permission!
Hannah- steal away, it's the only idea I have though!

 
At 14 January 2011 at 07:38 , Blogger Kate said...

Love the bed entry (and the gorgeous bedroom). Brighton is cool - OH wants to move there. Also contemplated moving to Canada - never met anyone who doesn't love it...
So maybe Norfolk for this years holiday...so many places so little cash!
Thanks for joining and HUGE CONGRATULATIONS on your Brilliance in Blogging Award. xxx

 
At 14 January 2011 at 11:12 , Anonymous Kath parklover said...

I so want to go to Bewilderwood, definitely on my list of places to visit.
I really love Brighton, one of the few places I love as much as Manchester. And,as Ian Brown famously said "Manchester's got everything except a beach", so Brighton wins on that front!

 
At 14 January 2011 at 14:50 , Blogger JoJo said...

I love canada too!!! love your list!

 
At 14 January 2011 at 17:31 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love your bedroom - and I so want to go the Bewilderwood. Lets get in your caravan and head for Bewilderwood, day there and we could be in Brighton by the morning, I do love Brighton. Did you know there are ley lines through Brighton?

 
At 14 January 2011 at 17:44 , Anonymous Nic's Notebook said...

Ahhh I love my bed too! I so want to get a caravan but my OH won't let me have one (he is a Top Gear fan lol)... My mum and dad had one (and still do) when I was young and they were some of my fav holidays!

 
At 14 January 2011 at 18:36 , Blogger SLM said...

I love the bed addition, definately top of my list, we call it Bedville in our house!

 
At 14 January 2011 at 21:18 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

JoJO - thanks. Lovely to meet you!
Gemma - Right then I feel a road trip coming on! Have a bottle of gin. Just need to do that towing course (I know I get on my feminist soapbox but i am scared stiff of towing the beast) and we can hit the road.
Parklover - You would LOVE Bewilderwood. I know it. Road trip?
Nic - Mr A loves Top Gear, he says he is blowing up the caravan in ten years time, top gear style to redeem himself.
Kate - Norfolk is totally worth a visit, but then you have beautiful coastline in Ireland too...
SuperLittleMen - Bedville I love it!

 
At 14 January 2011 at 22:15 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted a caravan and you've re-ignited that spark! I've already got a tartan rug so it makes sense. Great list! x

 
At 23 February 2011 at 17:15 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll be in Brighton for a week next month and we've never been before! Do you have any top secret/local tips for me? :)

 
At 28 February 2011 at 10:40 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

@waterbirthplease
yay caravans rule!

@ohabbyreally
i have emailed you.
Top secret tip - The best cakes and mugs of tea in the world - I think the suprise location makes them so special - served from a shack along the walk east along the seafront from the marina.

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home