This Page

has been moved to new address

Not making resolutions, just time

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alexander Residence: Not making resolutions, just time

Saturday 31 December 2011

Not making resolutions, just time


The last two years I made resolutions.  The last two years my world came crashing down on or around New Year's Day. My mum was admitted to hospital on New Year's Day in 2010 and on the 3rd January 2011.  The resolutions were soon forgotten, I realised life is what happens when you are busy making other plans.  After mum died last year, I let my subconscious wander wherever it needed in 2010, there wasn't much structure, many goals or plans.  But it really helped me grieve.

This year I am not making resolutions.  I am making time.  I've been reading up on time management and taking control of my time in 2012, so that I can deal with whatever life throws at me and still achieve some goals of my own. I've been reading, amongst other things, Nadine of Juggle Mum's book But I don't have time to write.  It's very inspiring.

When I left teaching I left behind timetables, plans and bells and embraced the freedom of having less structure in my life.  I had been in the education system from the age of 4 until I was 29, with only one year's break. It was heaven to not have to work to a timetable. Small children and mum's illness and death meant I succumbed more and more to chaos.  But I'm ready to reign that back in now.

The cornerstone to time management, according to Nadine, is a diary you love. This was in my stocking and I love it:
Wishing you all the best in 2012.  May time be on your side too!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 31 December 2011 at 13:55 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing you a very Happy New Year. Lovely and a privelege to get to know you that much better this year. You are a great woman so you will do wonderful things with that time of yours.

 
At 31 December 2011 at 15:28 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too no resolutions just goals, much better and far more positive.Yet to make them of course, well loosely know!!!

Time management should be top on my list, will pick your brains for good reading :-)

Happy New Year to you and your family, may 2012 be good to us all xxx

 
At 31 December 2011 at 16:26 , Blogger Sarahmumof3 said...

wishing you a happy new year, time is somethign we all need to manage well, I too have a diary I love so am too hoping that I manage my time much better this year!

 
At 31 December 2011 at 17:38 , Blogger Rachel Selby said...

Good luck with your time-management. I've really enjoyed your little legacies in 2011 so thank you for that. Looking forward to another blogging year in the same cyber suburb. Happy New Year xxx.

 
At 31 December 2011 at 18:15 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, found your blog via Katetakes5. Sounds like you're talking sense there with no resolutions. I think I'm going to like your blog...also did teaching til becoming a mom. Guess what I bought everyone for Christmas?! Moleskin diaries...so much that my husband thoughtfully bought me one too! Sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. I can't imagine. Here's to 2012 being organized with more time for you : ) Áine

 
At 31 December 2011 at 18:47 , Anonymous Kate said...

I have tagged you here http://kateonthinice.wordpress.com/2011/12/31/what-are-your-highs-and-lows-from-2011/

 
At 2 January 2012 at 09:02 , Anonymous HonestMum said...

Wonderful post lovely. I hear you on the time front. The good news is, you want something done, give it to a busy person so you will find time to do all the wonderful things you want to. Been great getting to know you over the last year. He's to more meet ups! Happy New Year xx

 
At 5 January 2012 at 18:07 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year and best of luck with managing your time. I've decided to take a break from blogging because time is something I just don't have at the moment! X

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home