This Page

has been moved to new address

Is it the look in your eyes, or is it this dancing juice, who cares baby...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alexander Residence: Is it the look in your eyes, or is it this dancing juice, who cares baby...

Monday 19 December 2011

Is it the look in your eyes, or is it this dancing juice, who cares baby...


Lovely weekend.
A whole nine child free hours together at a family wedding.
A chance to drink, eat and dance to Stevie Wonder...to reflect a little on when we did this:


And, as married couples tend to do at other couples' weddings, to reflect on the for better for worses, for richer for poorers, in sickness and in healths that every marriage faces. To perhaps exchange a cross word after one too many glasses of champagne, but to hit the dancefloor and to come out feeling stronger.

On a slightly lighter note, a chance to shop online with Zalando, who offered me a voucher with which I bought the dress I wore.   Zalando have an amazing range of shoes , clothes, accessories and beauty products. I had a great shopping experience, so much choice, lots of stuff you wouldn't see elsewhere, plus lots of great brands you will know.  

The dress arrived so carefully packaged there was no need for ironing (bonus given I don't).  My only complaint is I am easily bamboozled by having too many options.  However, you can use the search facility to narrow down by price, brand, colour, or special offer.  I would also like to be able to narrow by style, although saying that, this empire line dress jumped out at me really quickly.

Snow, and the wedding being on a farm, gave me big footwear dilemmas.  But the venue inside was incredibly spectacular, far removed from farm life, and the ladies shoe stakes were so high and classy. I'm so relieved I ditched my boots on arrival for my Irregular Choice Patty.


Congrats to D and S.  It is of course all about them, and not us, or my frock, although any excuses to shop, and to enjoy being a couple when parents, must be seized with relish.  It was a fabulous wedding, they are an amazing couple and they chose an awesome venue in Heaton House Farm.  By midnight I was so overcome by loveliness and champagne, all I could do was stare at the magical starlit black curtains.  And, just look at this stunning photography by Light Majestic.   


Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 20 December 2011 at 13:00 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are what I call shoes!!! *Heart*

 
At 20 December 2011 at 13:11 , Anonymous HonestMum said...

Gorgeous wedding pics of all of you. Well done for being so prolific on your blog. I'm overwhelmed with Xmas prep but will try harder! Merry Christmas x

 
At 20 December 2011 at 14:48 , Anonymous TheBoyandMe said...

What beautiful photos, of both you and your husband, and the new married couple. I see that one as a canvas! I adore your shoes, how stunning!

 
At 20 December 2011 at 17:05 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, you can't beat a good wedding. They're the only chance I get to dance anymore. Jeez, that must be a sign of age! Lovely pic of you and your hubby. And I LOVE the shoes!!! I have a similar pair http://stickingpickinglicking.blogspot.com/2011/11/madmen-mango-bellinis-and-crazy-shoes.html

x

 
At 21 December 2011 at 15:10 , Blogger Melaina25 said...

Love the shoes and the rainbow necklace! Thanks for linking up; be sure to grab the badge so others can join in too!

 
At 22 December 2011 at 08:21 , Anonymous Vickie said...

Yes we too go all gooey eyed at each other at people's wedding, love your wedding dress and also want to steal those shoes

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home