This Page

has been moved to new address

Baby - Little Legacy 22

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alexander Residence: Baby - Little Legacy 22

Thursday 8 December 2011

Baby - Little Legacy 22

I'm so excited about this little legacy.  The timing is perfect.  As a year that started with huge loss draws to a close I have some lovely news.  One day a few weeks back I found myself entertaining the idea of wanting a third child, an instinct completely against my thinking to date, I was and still am sure, my family is complete.

The day that thought popped in (and out) of my head I missed a call from my brother.  I didn't catch up with him for a few days.  It's not unusual, we have quite different routines, him working and child free in London, me at home with my work and kids in Nottingham.  When we did catch up, we chatted for a bit about the normal stuff, and then he made me guess his news.  Babies were already on my mind, so I quickly guessed he and his girlfriend were expecting.

I'm so happy.  In fact I am over the moon for them.  I can't wait to be an auntie. Any phantom hankerings for a 3rd child dissolved, I like to think that was just sisterly ESP.  They've had a scan now.  So this week I saw the beautiful little creature that is going to be my little niece or nephew.  So amazing.


When both my children were born, the first family resemblance I immediately saw as I held them for the first time was my brother. Many people have told me they experienced something similar. It was an utterly all consuming feeling at the time, a sense of childhood memories of your sibling as a baby, coupled with the sense of continuing your family line.  That goes some way to explaining the powerful feelings I feel towards this new life.

Little Legacy is about celebrating life.  The night before mum died my aunt told me the stories of my mum's family, painted such memorable pictures of them that they came alive for me.  A new life in the family feels like a new link to all those people who came before.  The procession through life continues.  I'm so excited.
@AResidence


Little legacy is a remembrance project , a positive and creative space, to celebrate small things handed down by predecessors.  Feel free to link up a little legacy you've been thinking about this week, or to leave one in the comments.  Here's the code and here's more on Little Legacy

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 8 December 2011 at 09:06 , Blogger Jen Walshaw said...

Congratulations to your brother, what a wonderful thing a new life is. So very speical

 
At 8 December 2011 at 09:46 , Anonymous @byebyebirdieuk said...

huge congratulations to you! how exciting ... i keep thinking three would be lovely. but then i remember the little bird arriving and very quickly go off the idea xx

 
At 8 December 2011 at 10:45 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Delightful. Second best to motherhood.

I will share a pertient story about Little Legacy if you don't mind. My whole life is now dedicated to this very subject, as is my blog. I lost my fabulous mum 5 years ago and shortly after she died I discovered I was pregnant. The realisation that our memories won't get passed on to our children unless we make sure they're written down, triggered a strong compulsion in me. So, instead of forgetting about it, I founded a website where parents can capture their own and their childrens'/parents' life journeys on a chronological timeline, free. http://www.saveeverystep.com if it's of interest to anyone.

 
At 8 December 2011 at 13:03 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A lovely Christmas present from somebody special. This baby will bring laughter and joy. Lovely, lovely news. Maybe someone is playing a very nice trick from afar

 
At 8 December 2011 at 13:42 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah what lovely news. I would be so excited if my brother had a baby, it would be like the next best thing to having another one! Best of luck to the happy couple x PS I think it's a boy!

 
At 8 December 2011 at 16:41 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perfect :-) You will make a fab Aunty I am sure xxx

 
At 9 December 2011 at 08:18 , Anonymous HonestMum said...

Congrats how wonderful! VX

 
At 10 December 2011 at 11:07 , Blogger BavarianSojourn said...

What lovely lovely news! Being an aunty is fabulous! Emma :)

 
At 10 December 2011 at 16:09 , Blogger Trish said...

Great news about a family baby. My brother had a little boy last Christmas Day and called him John, my father's name. Dad, as you know, died in February, but we are all excited about little Johnny's first birthday. Babies can't help but give joy even at sad times.
Hope you have a lovely Christmas. Thinking of you x

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home