This Page

has been moved to new address

To do lists

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alexander Residence: To do lists

Saturday 26 November 2011

To do lists

I write lots of lists, but one of them sent me over the edge last night. Can you guess which one?

I have a house list which goes something like this:
fix washing machine
do washing
tidy up
food shop
cook
repeat lots
Find rattle bought for cousin's new baby and post (bribe 2yo to tell me where he hid it)
Post overdue thank yous for 5yo's birthday presents before they send birthday cards to the 2yo.

2yo's birthday party list
cake making, party bag filling and pirate game inventing etc.

Blogging list
Actually I stuck to this list last night and I didn't get sucked into random acts of internet time wastage.  I found loads of lovely blogs to comment on, in the Britmums nablopomo group.

The school list
Fill cup with sweets for Christmas Fayre
Take in a bottle and put child in own clothes on Friday in aid of Christmas Fayre
Take in soft toys and games for Christmas Fayre
Furnish the tombola for the Christmas Fayre
Make child do colouring competition for the Christmas Fayre
Sell raffle tickets for Christmas Fayre (Dad?)
Perhaps if you could spare an hour or two volunteer to help at Christmas Fayre.
Attend said Christmas Fayre
Enthuse tired and grumpy reception age daughter about reading (top priority)

I can actually cope with a washing machine repair, having to bribe the 2 yo and plan his party, but the list that sent me over the edge yesterday was the school one.  A book bag full of requests.  Much as I love the sense of community the PTA provide, I can't sustain the pace.  Although, after working through the entire pile of requests, I found the paper that said I didn't have to do all of the above.

Christmas list will be following shortly.  I have been a very good girl.

Any tips for a parent new to the joys of school age children?  Any list management tips?

NaBloPoMo 2011

There is a sponsored link within this post.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 27 November 2011 at 21:23 , Anonymous HonestMum said...

So reassuring to read a list as long as my own. I have no advice other than we both need a holiday. You in? x

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home