This Page

has been moved to new address

Box worlds

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alexander Residence: Box worlds

Saturday 19 November 2011

Box worlds


I've been thinking about boxes again lots this week.

I wrote a guest post about turning boxes into new worlds for Claire at Life, Ninja Killer Cat and everything else.  It's a great way of making new toys for next to nothing and promoting literacy.  They can be robots, or cars...

We made the Dinoland above complete with dinosaur eggs.   My son took it to nursery for Show and Tell. I'm upping the Show and Tell stakes currently because it seems to be the only way to get him to skip into nursery, rather than clinging to my leg or trying to hide up my skirt.  Now nursery are going to make some too.

And B.D. (Before Dinoland)  the box was a robot, before that it had nappies in, and I blogged about how it saved a life for Unicef.

I am writing a story for a Save the Children book of bedtime stories.  It's a project started by Natalyia of Green Kiddie.  Boxes have crept in to that one too.  There's a fab line up of bloggers and their children contributing art and stories, and it will be around to buy for Christmas.  The twitter hashtag is #stcbook.  I hope you will consider buying one or two.

Any great ideas for boxes? Have a lovely weekend.

It's day 19 of Nablopomo, a post a day for November.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 19 November 2011 at 13:07 , Blogger Mel said...

What an awesome idea!! I am going to have to try one!

 
At 19 November 2011 at 21:14 , Anonymous Emma @mummymummymum said...

Wow, amazing idea! Dinoland looks fab. Z would probably want a space box? and S a fairy land! :-)

 
At 20 November 2011 at 11:29 , Blogger Rebecca English said...

Cardboard boxes are the best toy. It's amazing what you can do with them. Love the dinosaur idea.

Looking forward to reading your story.

 
At 21 November 2011 at 09:30 , Anonymous Honest Mum said...

Please can you just email this to a Blue Peter producer as you need to get that gig! Love this x

 
At 23 November 2011 at 00:43 , Blogger Not a Notting Hill Mum said...

Hey those boxes are great and made me feel really nostalgic - and guilty as it's the kind of thing my mum did with me ( even tho she worked) and I never seem to have time to do with my kids!
Great to know you did the kids story book too - that I did manage! x

 
At 11 January 2012 at 21:32 , Anonymous Nataliya said...

Love the idea! And thanks so much for the mention!

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home