This Page

has been moved to new address

An eclectic collection of small but important stuff

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alexander Residence: An eclectic collection of small but important stuff

Saturday 29 October 2011

An eclectic collection of small but important stuff

Some little things I have liked the look, feel, smell of this week...
Hello Crocs Gust boot, Hello Kitty, Hello snow, Hello snug toes.  My friend and I were complaining we would have to put our Converse into hibernation for the Winter, then we discovered ones with fur.  It seems Crocs have also solved that problem, but for kids.  As well as these fab boots, they also do kids' Crocs with fur linings.  Snug sneakers rock.
Hello Peppa Pig.  You just keep on giving.  Peppa Pig is such a reference point for pre schoolers firsts.  Mr G and his friends went ice skating 'just like Peppa and George' last week. Peppa Pig International Day, is packed with 11 new episodes, it was released on DVD by Entertainment 1 on the 24th October, RRP £12.99.  Entertainment One have kindly provided one copy to giveaway to one lucky reader, see below.


Hello fairy lights.  It's cold and dark, I won't mention the C word.  But I will have some sparkle please.  A whole net of sparkle, which I think would capture the kid's imaginations too. Christmas Trees and Lights have everything you need to light up your house, garden and the sky this Winter.  Including some big boy firework sets. (10% off non-sale items from the website using this code - CTLSALE10)


Two curly haired kids + bathtime = headache.  But I love this.  It makes hair really soft and having kids that smell of banana and custard and not fluffy nonsense is a rather lovely thing indeed.
I'm having a nostalgic soap thing.  Pears and Wrights Coal-Tar soap.  Both remind me of my grandparents, and of home.  There's no coal or tar in it any more, but it smells just like it used to.

Have a lovely weekend.  What have you discovered this week?

Peppa Pig competition ends Saturday 5th November at midday.  UK entries only.  Comment to enter. Please leave me a way to contact you.

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

At 29 October 2011 at 08:08 , Blogger Kate said...

I was going to do a similar thing as this called 'Featured', but then I got lazy and crossed it off my list. Glad to see someone else carried it through! (Love those Hello Kitty boots!)

 
At 29 October 2011 at 08:25 , Blogger Unknown said...

Coal tar soap reminds me of my northern roots as it was always there by the sink in my grandmother's house....those boots look snug too....lovely stuff :) xx

 
At 29 October 2011 at 08:29 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Featured is a great title. I went for a rambly long one!

 
At 29 October 2011 at 08:32 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Yes, I wondered if it was a Northern thing!

 
At 30 October 2011 at 01:48 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the smell of that soap, takes me straight back to (not my real) Aunty's house. Being told to play quietly with my brother while the adults chatted, sneaking into the bathroom to look at the soap you can almost see through, getting told off for playing in the bathroom...

 
At 30 October 2011 at 06:22 , Blogger gidders1 said...

I saw Wright's soap for the 1st time yesterday next to some pears, wondered what it would be like, what a funny coincidence.

Those hello Kitty boots would be great for the winter!
We've used the Naked banana and custard shampoo, it's brilliant, and smell delicious!!

My youngest, Miss A would LOVE the peppa pig DVD, she's obsessed with it!

 
At 30 October 2011 at 10:13 , Blogger Sarah Anguish said...

Roo would LOVE those Hello Kitty boots

@littleboo_21
http://boorootiggertoo.blogspot.com/

 
At 31 October 2011 at 10:09 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crocs boots? Must get some for the boys. Brilliant!

 
At 31 October 2011 at 21:44 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

loving those peppa pig boots!

 
At 2 November 2011 at 11:10 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooh would love the Peppa DVD.
like the sound of the shampoo too, nice little collection.

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home