This Page

has been moved to new address

Listography

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alexander Residence: Listography

Thursday 30 December 2010

Listography

Kate at Kate Takes 5 has a fab new linky idea, Listography.  What.  a.  brilliant.  idea.  I love a good list.  I spend lots of time writing them so I can lose, abuse and ignore them.

This week the theme is top five good things about having children.  Now this is a list I sometimes lose sight of, so it is very good to come back to it:

1. Children live in the now.  After an early morning flight to Spain earlier this year we found ourselves surrounded by grumpy adults in a slow moving hire car queue. Our kids had everyone smiling again as they pushed each other round on their car seats.  Kids can create magic anywhere, whereas adults waste time waiting for it to start.


2. The joy of playing. I've blogged a bit about this in 2010. Kackel Dackel and Sindy houses. Need I say more?  I reckon you've had enough now of toilet humour.

3. Creativity. I love to paint, stick, glue and glitter alongside children. Children don't give into their inner critic as easily as adults. As a result they are prolific artists who derive huge pleasure from creating.

4.  Let's pretend.  I love children's unihibited ability to play and pretend.  As a Drama teacher I was continually amazed by it.  It's something actors spend ages trying to channel themselves back into.


5. Children's stories. Whether in books, in your head, in their head, on stage, film or TV the magical world of storytelling is a fantastic place to visit.

Kate was right, lists do tell a lot about a person don't they? As I do this the kids are half watching Shrek, there are umpteen million paintings drying in the kitchen.  One is playing mummies and daddies and the other is wielding an Aquadraw set.  It's also been a day with its fair share of stresses, but this reminds me it's so good to pull out the positives.

Looking forward to reading everyone else's lists.

.
Photobucket
"/>

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 30 December 2010 at 20:23 , Anonymous @jencull said...

Feeling the need to join in this one *ponders* Loving your list btw, bet you won't ignore this one :D Jen

 
At 31 December 2010 at 04:54 , Blogger A Farmer's Wife said...

Loving your list and super cute kids.

 
At 31 December 2010 at 05:12 , Blogger Emma said...

Great list, especially number one if I re-did my list I think that would have to be on it.

 
At 31 December 2010 at 09:38 , Blogger Kate said...

Yep - no. 1 is a winner alright. Sometimes we need to just throw ourselves into their world don't we? Great list and thanks for joining up. x

 
At 31 December 2010 at 09:56 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Jen, yes join up, wonder if we will have #ESP here too!
Farmer's wife lovely to meet you :)
emma and Kate no 1 might be my New Year Resolution ;)

 
At 2 January 2011 at 10:18 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this post! I especially like the pretend thing- Luka has started to pretend to be on the phone- so cute! Going to do my list now!
XxX

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home