This Page

has been moved to new address

I'm a genie in a bottle

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alexander Residence: I'm a genie in a bottle

Sunday 8 January 2012

I'm a genie in a bottle

 Mummy look!


 Got genie in it.
 Genie gone!
 Mummy look!  Where genie gone?
 No genie
 Genie gone walk in woods!
 Maybe if I shut it again
 Kiss it and make a wish
Rub it.  

Maybe genie come out?

We just spent a magical weekend visiting my brother and his girlfriend, at her mum's house in the middle of the woods.  Mr G fell in love with this ornament by the pond in the garden, he was convinced it had a genie in it.

It's a truly amazing part of the world, a beautiful house and a lovely way of life.  The cottage was an Aladdin's cave of beautiful objects, with a Rayburn, a wood burning stove, the comfiest sofa in the world and a wood for a back garden.  I will be mainly living on Rightmove this week.

Whilst reading The Guardian, in front of the wood burning stove, while the kids watched TV, I sympathised greatly with Tim Dowling, whose column was all about his family wreaking havoc as house guests.  My husband and I were frequently heard growling 'Step away from the Rayburn, put that ornament down, don't leap off the sofa'. 

So big thank you to my brother and his lovely girlfriend and family for having us, and *ahem*, you two have all this to come.

Oh and we saw the sea, a rare sight for Nottingham kids.


Mr G in role as King Canute shouting "How dare you!" Ocean, turn back now! I have ordered you to retreat before me, and now you must obey! Go back!" ....Okay, so it was more like, 'Go way!'

Back to normal now though, how was your weekend?

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 9 January 2012 at 07:38 , Blogger Rachel Selby said...

A cottage in the woods sounds idyllic. And I can just imagine young 'Canute' ordering the waves to "Go away!". Have a good week.

 
At 9 January 2012 at 13:51 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Thanks MLSM! You too x

 
At 10 January 2012 at 08:32 , Anonymous HonestMum said...

Looks like the most perfect weekend and what gorgeous pictures. Your son is so beautiful x

 
At 24 January 2012 at 14:39 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! I laughed at the bit about seeing the sea being rare for Nottingham kids. So very true!!

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home