This Page

has been moved to new address

Me and my Twitter L plates

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alexander Residence: Me and my Twitter L plates

Thursday 21 October 2010

Me and my Twitter L plates

I decided I would go to the BMB twitter party the other week.  But with half an hour to go, no twitter account and no fairy godmother, it was looking unlikely.  Somehow after a lot of tooing and froing between the instructions on BMB and my newly installed tweetdeck I managed to scrape it all together with a few minutes to go and get my suggestion in. Not too inspired, just to plant some bulbs, but I'd used up all my energy on getting there.  It was good to see bulbs made it into the final list, although I reckon I wasn't the only one to suggest it.  Now I am in twitterland I am finding it addictive, but I also feel like the new girl, I have no idea what I am doing or how anything really works.   So it was really nice to come face to face with some other parent bloggers.  I used theBMB twitter group and #bmb to find people.

Beckicklesie and mamummyblog made me very welcome immediately and I had a chat over cake with Laura from AYNTY who let me know about her carnival.  I compared the state of my kitchen with vwallop and then realised babybudgetingtips used to teach us baby signing.  There were several apologies to people who I sent the wrong message to, ooops not sure quite how I managed that, it really is easy peasy.

So I am not sure how much of my life I can actually commit to Twitter, luckily today has been a slow day as both kids aren't too well.  Maybe it gets much faster when you actually know what you are doing?  But it was fun to dip my toes in.  So my little bird icon is there, in the twitter widget on the column to the right, please follow me and tweet away@Aresidence. Oh and if anyone has any tips to help to get the most out of Twitter, I would be dead grateful.  Whilst I have been living this virtual life this morning the house has become a bombsite, sorry even more of a bomb site than usual.  Any tips on that?

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 21 October 2010 at 16:10 , Blogger Bex said...

Lovely pics and welcome to twitter. My house is always a tip but I can't really blame twitter x

 
At 21 October 2010 at 17:18 , Blogger This Mid 30s Life said...

I have friends trying to get me into Twitter and up until now I haven't seen the point. But am tempted to give it a go for the sake of connecting with other bloggers, hmmmm will see. I don't need more encouragement to procrastinate!!

 
At 21 October 2010 at 19:35 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Thanks Becky. They grow up fast. Signing 'please' has got us out of so many scrapes - can't thank you enough for that!

 
At 21 October 2010 at 19:39 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

This mid 30s life - I don't know if I have the stamina for it yet, or the time! Although there was something sort of human about chatting in real time to people. Let me know if you take the plunge!

 
At 21 October 2010 at 20:03 , Blogger Kate said...

Hey I hadn't worked out the #bmb thing yet so there you go - you're already giving out twitter tips!

 
At 21 October 2010 at 20:08 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Hi Kate
Blimey, so I am! Here's another thing I learnt -#BMB is shared by a load of rappers, so its a mix of parenting tips and shout outs to the crew. Very bizarre ;)

 
At 22 October 2010 at 19:21 , Blogger Emma said...

I'm on twitter but don't really get it either! I use it quite a lot since starting my blog but I don't really know why!
(I'm @emsyjo )

 
At 22 October 2010 at 21:59 , Blogger What She Said said...

Twitter's a bit of a comedy of errors for me too, although I think I'm getting the hang of it! I think you'll find me @WomanWhoCan and I'd love to catch up with you on there

 
At 23 October 2010 at 16:46 , Anonymous Lucy Quick said...

I'm by no means a twitter expert - I just think it's lots of fun and I've met some fab people as a result - my advice for what it's worth would just be to enjoy it - oh and nice to meet you :)

 
At 24 October 2010 at 21:37 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Hello Emma, Lucy and What She Said
Thanks for popping in. I will seek you out on Twitter, haven't found time for another go yet , but I will! Glad someone else doesn't get it Emma, that you've met fab people Lucy and comedy of errors - lol!
Penny x

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home