This Page

has been moved to new address

Quite proud of me and Miss L's photography

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alexander Residence: Quite proud of me and Miss L's photography

Friday 29 October 2010

Quite proud of me and Miss L's photography

Here is my respose to the prompt 'seasons' at Tara's The Gallery.

After all the illness in our house this Autumn I was losing all hope of leaving the house and kicking through some leaves.  But we had a lovely stay in the 'van at Ilam, Dovedale in the Peak District last weekend and it felt really Autumnal.  It's a beautiful place and we remembered the proper camera for once.  Miss L has got really into taking pictures.  She went wild on her birthday and shot loads of kid's eye view pics of people's legs and chins.  But she took some crackers at Ilam, and I was quite pleased with some of mine too.

I wish I had had this pic for The Gallery the other week, can't believe how red the leaves were.  Miss L loves this tree.  Its a proper huge climbing tree, the stuff of childhood legend, the leaves reach down to the floor so its like being in a tent. 

Mr A looking particularly evil.  Leaf fight. Can't believe I actually caught them in the air first shot.  Bit shadowy though...


Miss L took  this one of me, and I love the fact she caught the sun's rays.


Mr G taken by Miss L.  Reminds me of how he is becoming so much more independent.

 Miss L's snap of Daddy.  Reminds me the world's a different place from her height. 
An amazingly clear Autumn sky.

So, gorgeous view, but there's always a bigger picture with kids.  Miss L is staging a sit down protest at having to walk.  Mr A going in to negotiate, I'm behind the camera counting to ten and admiring the view while Mr G wails his little heart out. 

(Apologies to any of you who may have seen this post in a former incarnation already, but as soon as I saw the prompt  I knew I had to use it).

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At 29 October 2010 at 07:50 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are beautiful, what a lovely place to visit. I love the
Shot of you with the sun above your head.

CJ xx

 
At 29 October 2010 at 07:54 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Thanks CJ.
It is a really gorgeous, unspoilt place. Always makes me feel calm. It's where I will live when I have a dog :)

 
At 29 October 2010 at 08:32 , Blogger fran said...

What beautiful photos! You have such a lovely family. x

 
At 29 October 2010 at 09:00 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Hello Oh Mammy and thank you! X

 
At 1 November 2010 at 23:48 , Blogger Phoebe M-M said...

Wow, your daughter has some photo taking talent. At her age I just took blurry shots of my goldfish and up my nose.

I love Dovedale, I'm from Derbyshire so we used to go there with school quite a lot

 
At 2 November 2010 at 06:40 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Hello Mama P
I was exactly the same, mainly the floor or up people's noses. It must be down to modern cameras!
Derbyshire is gorgeous, I have lived either side of it most my life but only really starting to appreciate it now.
Thanks for popping in
Px

 
At 11 November 2010 at 13:09 , Blogger Emma said...

Lovely photos, and such a good point about the world being completely different from a child's view - I must try and remember that!

 
At 11 November 2010 at 14:09 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Me too Emma, I am always talking to the space above their heads, it must drive them crackers!

 
At 12 November 2010 at 06:15 , Anonymous Sarah of Catching the Magic said...

Ah, love, love, love! You've brought back beautiful memories of my last visit to the UK in 2007 when I stayed right there with my dear family!

The photos are beautiful, fun and embody all that is 'family life' - the highs and lows so to speak ;)

Just dropping by from 'The Gallery' and really love your post.

 
At 12 November 2010 at 13:52 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Hi Sarah
Glad it brought back memories. It is is very special place isn't it. Off to find out where in the world you are now :)

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home