This Page

has been moved to new address

Virtual Housekeeping

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alexander Residence: Virtual Housekeeping

Sunday 31 October 2010

Virtual Housekeeping

A little bit of virtual housekeeping seems appropriate for a Sunday.  Especially a Sunday where I have been hungover and thoroughly unproductive, and have done nothing in the way of real housekeeping.  Mr A and I got to go out together for the first time in ages on Saturday night (we did have this amazing babysitter and then she got pregnant...now we are a bit stuck).  We had a great time but drank too much wine.  Today, with the clocks going back, was not a good day to gain an hour and a hangover.  It has been a very.... long.... day..... 

So housekeeping.  Firstly huge thank you to What did she say for bigging me up on her blog.  I have lots of respect for Tina, because she takes getting to know her fellow bloggers seriously.  No half hearted comments, she spends time really reading your blog.  She is a woman to get to know.

Secondly thanks to all my new blogging friends on the new to blogging group on BMB, who keep popping in and making me feel loved, it is lovely to feel part of a little community within the huge community of mummy bloggers.  On that note twitter is starting to make a bit more sense, lovely to meet people there too.

I am enjoying having a bit of a weekly focus, so thanks to Tara at Sticky Fingers for The Gallery and Mummy's Little Monkey for blow your own bloghorn.  And to Laura at AWNTYM for the carnival.  Anyone know of any other great things like this to join?  I would especially like to find some writing ones...

And well, if you have just popped by, please leave a comment and say a quick hello, just 'hello' is fine, its just nice to know who has been dropping in.  If you have a blog I will race over and say hello back.
 
Right going to watch X factor on catch up tv, its been a long day.

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

At 1 November 2010 at 06:53 , Blogger Amy @ isewstitch said...

Hello!

I so desperately need to get back to my blog, it's far too neglected, but I can't find the words, or the energy for the words, something like that at least...BMB is a magnificent place and I'm wasting the potential there with my fraudulent blog. At the moment though there are tons of other things I'm unable to do that I feel quilty about, I'm trying not to add my blog to that (long) list.

Keep writing...

 
At 1 November 2010 at 07:22 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Hi Amy
I love your words. Just read your post about two kisses, so lovely. Your blog is in no way fraudulent, I think it is really honest and true. You must be part way through that 11 week stint on your own and pretty exhausted. Good luck!!!
Look forward to reading some more soon.
Penny x

 
At 1 November 2010 at 08:37 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is usually a writing workshop at Sleep is for the Weak, Josie is @porridgebrain on Twitter. She's having a difficult time personally at the moment so it isn't running for the next couple of weeks, but keep an eye on her blog as I'm sure it will be back and anyway, she is excellent.

 
At 1 November 2010 at 08:42 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Hello imperfect pages!
Thanks for the tip.
Penny
x

 
At 1 November 2010 at 10:30 , Blogger Leadership Learning said...

It's nice to get some time with your OH away from the kids. Shame about the babysitter (well not the baby part, that's nice!) I know how hard it can be to get some to look after the kids. As for the hangover, always a sign of a good night! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

 
At 1 November 2010 at 10:36 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

It really is isn't it! I felt like my old BC self again, esp the hangiver part. Love your blog title yummy mummy flabby tummy - mad me giggle.
Px

 
At 1 November 2010 at 10:39 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Awful typos there - oops!

 
At 1 November 2010 at 11:48 , Blogger Kate said...

Well didn't you do well with a hangover and everything! Hope you're feeling better today - must say I am glad to see the back of the longest day in history too.

 
At 1 November 2010 at 12:19 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Much better thanks. Actually reading your blog prompted me to get my virtual house in order. Thank you!
Px

 
At 1 November 2010 at 15:47 , Blogger Amy @ isewstitch said...

If I could give you one of those hugs that makes you jig about on the spot, I would. Thank you, right words at the right time.

 
At 1 November 2010 at 16:30 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I shouldn't laugh I know, but as I don't drink, I give myself permission to!!!! Hope the hangover's gone now!

CJ xx
p.s. thanks for RT'ing my exciting news tweet!

 
At 1 November 2010 at 16:37 , Blogger This Mid 30s Life said...

I know this wasn't the focus of your lovely post, but I just want to say I am jealous you were recently hungover. I need a night out.

 
At 1 November 2010 at 20:28 , Blogger What She Said said...

Ooh, you're so lovely, and you say such kind things! I'm going to tweet at you in a minute about writing to see what sort of writing you want to do!

Much love, Tina x

 
At 1 November 2010 at 22:21 , Blogger SLM said...

Just saw your link on What did she say so thought I'd pop over and say Hi. Hope you are feeling better today. Always a sign of a good night out if you feel a little rough the next day. We have just moved back to my home town so hope to get a few more nights out now we have ever handy grandparents nearby!

 
At 1 November 2010 at 22:35 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Amy-Hug coming back to you too. thanks for my mention, will have to do another round of thank yous x
CJ - You can have a little giggle at my expense, I may have to give up drinking too - I am rubbish at it! Very excited about your novel news x
TMTL - you can't possibly want my hangover, why didn't you tell me this yesterday!!! x
WSS-So do you! I am popping over for a twitter now x
SLM - Hello, coming to say hello now. Hope you are settling in. Grandparents are amazing aren't they. (DAD are you reading this?)x

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home