This Page

has been moved to new address

The Cheat's Guide to Christmas Cards

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alexander Residence: The Cheat's Guide to Christmas Cards

Wednesday 15 December 2010

The Cheat's Guide to Christmas Cards

I've never been totally comfortable with Christmas cards.  I love writing and letters, but all that excess paper always upset the environmentalist in me.  At school I used to donate to charity and give all my friends a chocolate instead.

These days it's trickier.  The family mantra as regards Christmas has always been Keep It Simple.  I do send cards  if I am going to write a letter, to relatives I don't see often.  Last year I discovered the Jib Jab card.  It's much more personal than an ordinary e card.  With Mr A's work and my theatrical background (drama teacher) multimedia just seemed more us too.

So this year I cast us in a disco extravaganza, it took ages to choreograph ;)



It's really simple to do, and people I have emailed it to seem to have appreciated the giggle.  Head over to jib jab for more ideas.  If you are in the US you can even have your mugs transferred onto mugs.  I think you have to pay to join, but no more than a box of Christmas cards.  Make sure if you do cheat though, that you donate something to charity too.  I find it makes the e card an easier pill to swallow.

By the way, I've been shortlisted for the Brilliance in Blogging Award, if you've enjoyed reading this, would you take just one little minute to vote for me?  I'm in the first category - Fresh Voice of 2010.  Just click on the flag:


Thank you :) x

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At 15 December 2010 at 22:54 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is brilliant!

 
At 16 December 2010 at 10:20 , Blogger Kate said...

Oh love it! You should see the size of my grin having watched that clip! I can see where I'm going to spend the morning then...
(BTW - name checked you on my latest post - hope you don't mind). x

 
At 16 December 2010 at 16:43 , Anonymous Metropolitan Mum said...

Haha. I was just starting to wonder how I'd write all those cards in time. Now I know. I don't!! :)

 
At 16 December 2010 at 21:10 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the idea but am stuck with my cards! however i write to people so it is more than just a scribble and the cards we recieve get recycled at school so its not all bad!

congrats on being nominated

 
At 16 December 2010 at 21:17 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that's brilliant!!

 
At 17 December 2010 at 08:14 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Glad you liked, thank you all.
I admire you for all that writing northern mum :)

 
At 17 December 2010 at 18:29 , Anonymous not a notting hill mum said...

Love the card- sadly I have 110 to write - we got those ones where your child does the drawing at school and it is sent home as a single card with an accompanying letter saying " Support your child's confidence by making this your Christmas card this year." Hard not to!!

 
At 17 December 2010 at 20:12 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

What a sales pitch, but I bet they are gorgeous :) I have all this to come. We bought lots of tea towels from nursery with the kid's handprints last year.

 
At 22 December 2011 at 08:56 , Anonymous HonestMum said...

Absolutely love this. Grinning massively.

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home