This Page

has been moved to new address

The Gallery - Sparkle

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alexander Residence: The Gallery - Sparkle

Tuesday 14 December 2010

The Gallery - Sparkle

The theme at Tara's lovely Gallery this week is Sparkle.  I nearly gave up, because catching sparkles, well blimey, that sounds like a job for a 'proper' photographer, with special equipment.  Because sparkles are elusive little creatures I reckon, you think you've caught them, but then they dazzle you, leave you blinded and left with a bit of a blur.  Being more of a writer than a photographer I love to yank tease out the story behind my photographs to fit the prompt.  Luckily something sparked.

On Friday night I went out with my Mummy Mates, it's been four years since we met at ante natal classes and we're still going strong.  It's nearly Christmas (Did you know? I try to deny it for as long as possible, while engaging in enthusiastically in all Christmassy pursuits that don't involve shopping). So we shunned our standard issue sweatshirts and jeans stained with all manner of kid stuff, and donned our party frocks and posh shoes for a night of eating, drinking and cackling. 

Sparkly, shabby chic, silver party heels were my shoe of choice.  But hey I don't get out the house that easily, first I had to distract someone else who had taken a shine to them.  Here they are as modelled by Mr G, I reckon between us we caught a sparkle:




Pop over to The Gallery for some more Sparkle


By the way, I've been shortlisted for the Brilliance in Blogging Award, if you've enjoyed reading this, would you take just one little minute to vote for me?  I'm in the first category - Fresh Voice of 2010.  Just click on the flag:


Thank you :) x

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

At 14 December 2010 at 23:14 , Blogger Kerry said...

Congratulations on your nomination - have already voted for you! Great shoes by the way. Hope you all had a fab night! x

 
At 14 December 2010 at 23:24 , Blogger Jenny said...

Oooh well done n your nomination!
Lovely photo and very funny! Did he fall over in them? If not, he did better then I would lol

 
At 15 December 2010 at 09:28 , Anonymous Karin @ Cafe Bebe said...

I bet Daddy was pleased with that one! :D Adorable! And congrats on being shortlisted as a Fresh Voice...your badge is lovely! :D

Karin

 
At 15 December 2010 at 09:52 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Thanks Kerry and Jenny :) It was a great night. Mr G didn't fall over, but someone else very nearly did.
Karin ha ha, spot on! And thank you ;)

 
At 15 December 2010 at 09:52 , Blogger Local Girl said...

Aww so cute!! Congrats on your nomination too :) x

 
At 15 December 2010 at 10:46 , Blogger jazzygal said...

So cute...an lovely sparkly heels too! Congrats on your nomination!

xx jazzy

 
At 15 December 2010 at 12:46 , Anonymous SeaThreePeeO said...

Congratulations on your nomination!

Bless him. I love his sense of style

 
At 15 December 2010 at 14:21 , Blogger Rachel said...

Cute! Shoes make the best toys, especially sparkly shoes...

 
At 15 December 2010 at 15:09 , Anonymous tiddlyompompom said...

so cute! big m has started wearing my shoes around the house as she plays. very funny :)

congratulations on your nomination too :)

 
At 15 December 2010 at 16:09 , Anonymous Honest Mum said...

Love the pics of your baby in your gorgeous shoes! Great post and I've voted for you! Incidentally through that found out I've also made the shortlist! Please check out my blog www.honestmum.com and if you like, send a vote my way too!

 
At 15 December 2010 at 20:42 , Blogger Harriet said...

Loving the shoes (and the model!)

 
At 19 December 2010 at 07:58 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your nomination! And great photo, very sweet!

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home