This Page

has been moved to new address

The Gallery - Mother Nature

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alexander Residence: The Gallery - Mother Nature

Tuesday 18 January 2011

The Gallery - Mother Nature

The theme at the brilliant Sticky Finger's The Gallery this week is Mother Nature.  I had to look it up, just to be sure my interpretation was right..

Mother Nature (sometimes known as Mother Earth) is a common personification of nature that focuses on the life-giving and nurturing aspects of nature by embodying it in the form of the mother.

Okay so slightly literal but this is a 'personification' of nature in the form of the mother:

Baby Shower guests
Taken by my friend at her baby shower. She was the only one who was actually pregnant. The rest of us had balloons up our jumpers (haha, fooled you! I doubt it...) That's me in the middle coveting the kind of neat bump mother nature never bestowed on me.  It was a huge relief to take the balloons out, they stretch your jumper something rotten.

My friend sent me this to cheer me up when she heard about my mum, little did she know it would solve my The Gallery too. 
Why not check out some more of the entries in the brilliant, brilliant The Gallery (link above).

Labels: , , , ,

15 Comments:

At 18 January 2011 at 22:33 , Blogger Unknown said...

What a brillant picture :) I'm yet to go to a baby shower despite having had three of my own....ought to throw one for one of my pregnant friends! x

 
At 18 January 2011 at 22:56 , Blogger Jenny said...

Grea photo! I was thrown a baby shower last time i Was pregnant it was such a surprise as I had no idea about it!

 
At 18 January 2011 at 22:58 , Blogger How I Like My Coffee said...

Funny, brilliant x

 
At 18 January 2011 at 23:06 , Blogger MichelleTwinMum said...

Fab picture, looks like you had great fun. Mich x

 
At 19 January 2011 at 05:18 , Blogger Emma said...

Looks like you had a great time!

 
At 19 January 2011 at 07:29 , Blogger The Moiderer said...

love it - great take on the theme!

 
At 19 January 2011 at 10:02 , Anonymous nataliya said...

LOL I love baby showers, especially when not pregnant!

 
At 19 January 2011 at 10:09 , Anonymous Tatjana said...

Hahaa, brilliant!

 
At 19 January 2011 at 10:24 , Anonymous Michelloui said...

It took me a minute to realised there were fake bumps in there!! Hahaha! I love this, a photo of people mimicking mother nature. Great idea to use this for the prompt.

 
At 19 January 2011 at 13:45 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

great photo. I love a nice baby shower, I've been to a few but I must say we have never put balloons up our jumpers??

 
At 19 January 2011 at 13:46 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great shower! Love your take on the Mother Nature theme

 
At 19 January 2011 at 16:07 , Blogger Unknown said...

Hehe, this post and pic made me laugh. So is that you giving your friends bump the eye? Bump envy!

 
At 19 January 2011 at 16:51 , Blogger SLM said...

Must admit my first thought was some of those are impressive baby bumps before I realised they just couldnt be real! I've never been to a baby shower but they sound great fun x

 
At 19 January 2011 at 17:26 , Anonymous @jencull said...

Brilliant shot, looks like ye were having great fun too :) Jen

 
At 19 January 2011 at 17:53 , Anonymous Herding Cats said...

LOL! what a brilliant picture!

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home