This Page

has been moved to new address

Back to 'work'

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alexander Residence: Back to 'work'

Tuesday 15 February 2011

Back to 'work'


Tea party

Today is the first day in a while I have had the kids at home all day on my own. Sounds a bit wierd for a SAHM.  But family and friends have helped me out a lot in the last few weeks of mum's illness and death, by either taking the kids, or inviting us places.

When we have been at home it has been fleeting. All the toys had become such a jumble. I was scared to go in the playroom.  It has been so good to start afresh today, after a bit of a clearout at the weekend.

We've had a tea party, washed up, played hungry hippos, puzzled, played with the happyland, made a necklace, played babies, sung along to CDs.  I reckon we might do some painting and baking this afternoon.  All in a day's work, as any parent well knows, but it feels like a big achievement today.

I'm shattered though. Fingers crossed the Andy Pandy DVD buys me another half hour on the sofa.

Labels: , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At 15 February 2011 at 21:59 , Blogger Unknown said...

That sounds like a pretty cool day to me...and has inspired me to have a tea party with Row tomorrow as we'll be stuck at home :)
Much love x

 
At 15 February 2011 at 22:01 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Cheers Jules. Anything that allows you to have a cup of tea and a sit down is a very good thing :) x

 
At 15 February 2011 at 22:01 , Blogger Unknown said...

It's hard to resume a somewhat normal life after something so major. It will take time but it will come and hopefully Andy Pandy will help you out :)
Hugs xx

 
At 15 February 2011 at 22:04 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Thanks SAHMloving it xx So true, today was a good day, in fact for a whole day at home, a very good day!

 
At 15 February 2011 at 22:35 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hardly ever spend a day at home at the best of times, I find it much more trying than going out. So no wonder you're shattered with everything else you've had going on. Sounds like you've done brilliantly today. x

 
At 15 February 2011 at 22:41 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

It's true, I don't do it that often either, mainly when they're ill. Cheers x

 
At 15 February 2011 at 22:48 , Anonymous @jencull (jen) said...

I didn't realise your Mum had died, looking back over your archives it was the day I went on holidays and I am only starting to catch up with my bloggy/twitter friends now, two weeks on. I am so sorry, big hugs and well done on today. Jen

 
At 16 February 2011 at 09:06 , Blogger Kerry said...

What a fab day! You have way more energy than I ever do on a day with the kids! x

 
At 16 February 2011 at 11:59 , Blogger Unknown said...

So sorry to hear of your loss - I have a lot of catching up on blogs to do after being head down for 6 weeks at work. It takes time to get over such an enormous hole rent in your life, but it sounds like you and your brood had an amazing day, well done you! x

 
At 16 February 2011 at 21:06 , Blogger Becky (Hazel and Blue) said...

Your first day back at work, sounded great! I always had time for our 'Andy Pandy' in the pm too - Sometimes when I wasn't having a good day it might even extend to the Toy Story DVD, which was always a winner for my two!
Big hugs X

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home