This Page

has been moved to new address

Our date in A and E and Valentine's Listography

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alexander Residence: Our date in A and E and Valentine's Listography

Thursday 10 February 2011

Our date in A and E and Valentine's Listography

2. More quality time together at home.  A love film subscription. We have very different tastes in film, but we both love it.  We watched Remember Me this weekend and it made me realise we've been relying too much on Mr A's blockbuster action thriller purchases from Asda. Remember Me is likely to make you appreciate your loved one, although without giving away the plot, maybe not a film I would suggest for Valentine's Day.


Just when I thought life couldn't get any more complicated Mr A woke me up at 6am on Monday in agony due to what he 'gestured' to be a belt of pain around his chest.  I called 999, the paramedics were there in minutes. They fixed him up to a heart monitor. They pretty quickly concluded it wasn't heart related.  Mr A told me later he had already come to the same conclusion when he woke me up but couldn't explain he was in so much pain. 

They took him to the hospital, I followed on, after I had dropped the kids at a friends.  To cut a long story short, after lots of discussion and tests it turned out to be one of those wierd, one off things medics can't explain, or perhaps the beginnings of appendicitis...  But it gave us a day together, in peace, with no kids and no wifi. Which given the chaotic state our 2011 has taken, almost counts as a date. We were passing ships in January, he held the fort and worked while I spent as much time as possible with my mum.

And it made me have a big rethink about my Kate Takes 5's  listography and Notes' I Heart Me

For Valentines I would like:

1. More quality time together away from home.  A break in a spa hotel. The Menzies Hotel in Stratford Upon Avon which I languished in the hot tub in, for my best friend's hen do, would be fab:

Menzies Spa Hotel, Stratford Upon Avon

3. More quality time together on the town.  A Babysitter. Our lovely babysitter had a baby recently and oh how we've missed her.

4. More quality time together looking after ourselves.  A Wii Fit.  Due to lack of number 3, to facilitate getting out together to play some kind of real sport, dance or go for long walks. 

5. More time remembering quality times gone by...Someone to put all our pictures in albums.


Love you Mr A
x

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 10 February 2011 at 23:36 , Anonymous Kath Parklover said...

Oh Gawd, hope Mr A is ok.I definitely think you both deserve a lovely spa break!

 
At 13 February 2011 at 13:54 , Blogger This Mid 30s Life said...

What a fright, glad he is OK.

What a lovely list and so true. Our much-loved babysitter has just gone home to New Zealand and we are at a complete loss, and in desperate need of a night out together.

 
At 13 February 2011 at 14:31 , Anonymous mama-andmore said...

Oh poor you, but time together is time together, and thank goodness it was not serious. Great list - btw, I use sitters.co.uk agency for nights out. Have always found them to be brilliant, and they're nationwide....so even if you take your young ones away for a weekend, and want a night out, they can come to your hotel! (I am in no way affiliated btw, just they happen to have given us back some freedom, as family who live 1 street away are always too busy to help!).

 
At 13 February 2011 at 22:52 , Blogger MummyDichotomy said...

That is a great list. Babysitters are so hard to find. Glad Mr A is ok. I'm following your blog now having just found it.

 
At 14 February 2011 at 10:28 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Thanks Kath!
Mid 30s - its not good is it!
mama-anadmore - thanks for that, great tip :)
Don't step on the cracks - lovely to meet you :)

 
At 14 February 2011 at 12:21 , Blogger Rachel said...

What a lovely down-to-earth list. I too could use more film and a great babysitter in my life (who couldn't?). What a frightening thing, glad Papa A is okay.

 
At 14 February 2011 at 13:15 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Manana mama - Yes it brought me down to earth a bit. Although Mr A has now seen this and thinks I am hinting...
Send any film recommendations this way!

 
At 16 February 2011 at 21:19 , Anonymous Notes To Self Plus Two said...

Make sure you get your own love film account. I put my choices in only to go back and find my hubbie has changed there importance :-(.

... I doubled up with Kate's linky this week. Over at mine there is a weekly linky thing I Heart Me, all about mummy bloggers taking time out to blog for "me".

This week is "what gifts would you buy yourself for Valentines Day." Your post could link, double linky fun!

I ♥ Me at Notes to Self Plus Two

Great to find your blog xxx

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home