This Page

has been moved to new address

T is for Time The Gallery

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alexander Residence: T is for Time The Gallery

Wednesday 2 November 2011

T is for Time The Gallery


The time has come when my two are beginning to work together.  How I have waited for this day.  How many games and activities have been destroyed by a rampaging two year old, or a four year old who wants to do it her way. But at 'nearly three' and 'just five', and finally separated by Miss L starting school, they are beginning to appreciate the fun of working together.  Inbetween healthy bouts of scrapping and sibling rivalry of course.

For me this clock represents their first truly co-operative joint venture.  Mr G made the tower, Miss L made the clock face.  I love the way it captures where they are in time; he is learning to represent the structures of the world, while she is learning to represent its signs and symbols. Together they painted it, with Mr G even resisting the unbearable urge to paint over the clock face.

Time.  I have never mourned its passing, because the journey with children always brings something new and exciting.  But, I confess I might have wished it would hurry along a little, only that end bit, just before Miss L started school, it was tough on all three of us. So I love this clock, this marker of time, seeing it forces me to stop and take stock, before the whistle goes and we steam off to the next adventure.

The theme of The Gallery is the Letter T.  This is Day 2 of #NaBloPoMo, a blog post a month in November.

Labels: , , ,

15 Comments:

At 2 November 2011 at 11:08 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

uuuurrrrrhhh I never do any craft stuff and this makes me feel bad and he doesn't have a sibling!
Love the clock and all that it symbolises - how time flies (!!!)
and love to have you back at The Gallery, do love the Gallery!

 
At 2 November 2011 at 11:11 , Anonymous Reluctant Housedad said...

Yea, I like it - I like what it means to you. The passing of time, your kids reaching a new stage. Nicely done.

 
At 2 November 2011 at 11:21 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Gemma no don't feel bad. I only do crap craft honest. And whatever number of kids you have is perfect. Swings and roundabouts!
Relectant housedad - fank you!

 
At 2 November 2011 at 11:26 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Oh and yes I LOVE being back into doing the gallery too!

 
At 2 November 2011 at 12:50 , Blogger This Mid 30s Life said...

Oh Penny I've missed you - how lovely was that post!! I am at the same stage with my 2, and I love it.

Looking forward to hearing what the big secret is, by the way. xx

 
At 2 November 2011 at 13:49 , Blogger Mel said...

Love this post and all that the clock tower means for you and your kids.

 
At 2 November 2011 at 15:32 , Anonymous Kirsty said...

This is a perfect Penny post - fun and real but thoughtful and clever too - you've spotted the poetry and deep meaning in the everyday. I am feeling very happy. And very excited about the time that my children will play and create together - although at just three and 18 months, I fear I have a while yet.

 
At 2 November 2011 at 18:17 , Anonymous Midlife Singlemum said...

I totally agree that each stage it better and easier than the one before. I also celebrate time as an achievement that we have come this far.

 
At 2 November 2011 at 19:56 , Anonymous If I Could Escape said...

That's fab!! My oldest was obsessed with clocks when he was a toddler and would make me draw them all the time!!

 
At 2 November 2011 at 21:44 , Blogger Leadership Learning said...

Their clock looks fab! Time really does go past sooo quickly.

 
At 2 November 2011 at 22:01 , Anonymous Kate, WitWitWoo said...

There's ten years between my boys - imagine what that's like! :)

 
At 3 November 2011 at 00:46 , Blogger Jenny said...

It's a great looking clock! They have worked very well together to produce that! It's a really sweet take on this weeks theme and nice to see you again xx
Oh and keep up the good NaBloPoMo work x

 
At 3 November 2011 at 09:56 , Blogger Catching the Magic said...

Oh, I LOVE this post! Before I even read your words, I stopped and looked at that photograph with a warm smile. After reading your words the photograph takes on even more symbolism and is definitely one you should treasure. What a perfect marker of this time in your lives.

 
At 3 November 2011 at 11:54 , Blogger Claire Justine said...

The clock is great,my clock's ticks to quickly :)

 
At 5 November 2011 at 13:29 , Blogger Mari's World said...

I broke out in a smile when I saw your clock and I love how they learn to play together after a while, my two do too, mind you they fight like cat and dog too at times

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home