This Page

has been moved to new address

The Gallery Togetherness

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alexander Residence: The Gallery Togetherness

Wednesday 16 February 2011

The Gallery Togetherness


So many choices for this week.  I am being inundated with togetherness from good friends and family at the moment.  But this picture just jumped out at me and asked to be posted.  My best friend from school and me c1990.

Last week she read a poem at my Mum's funeral.  We both read at each other's weddings.  We've been friends since the start of secondary school where we fell in love with drama together. You can see our love of performing in this picture I think.  We both went on to become drama teachers. 

It struck me at mum's funeral that she's someone who has witnessed and been there for the major rites of passage of my life, and ceremony and rituals mean a lot to us dramatists.   We're not on each other's doorsteps so we dip in and out, but we are always going to be a big presence in each other's lives.

For more togetherness, visit Tara's lovely Gallery.

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

At 16 February 2011 at 11:41 , Blogger Emma said...

Lovely post,I have a friend like that and it makes me so sad that we are in different countries now - there are a few downsides of living abroad! Glad you have such a good friend, especially at the moment.

 
At 16 February 2011 at 11:53 , Blogger jazzygal said...

Great photo and lovely post. it's wonderful to keep up friendships. I'm lucky enough to have 3 friends from school years taht I keep in touch with (and lots of showpals too!) The power of the internet ;-)

xx Jazzy

 
At 16 February 2011 at 11:56 , Blogger Trish said...

How lovely that your friend should read a poem at your mum's funeral. Great memories x

 
At 16 February 2011 at 12:35 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a special friendship, I'm glad she's there for you. x

 
At 16 February 2011 at 13:38 , Anonymous @jencull said...

Aww, everyone should have a friend like her :) Lovely photo and memories:) Jen

 
At 16 February 2011 at 14:56 , Blogger Emma said...

What a great friend! Lovely post! Emma

 
At 16 February 2011 at 15:44 , Blogger Jenny said...

Great post! Also a lovely tribute to your friend. A good friend is a wonderful thing to have. Xx

 
At 16 February 2011 at 19:57 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in tears again here! great post... will she read this??

 
At 16 February 2011 at 20:38 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely tribute to your friends and those hats and attitude are to die for! :D

 
At 16 February 2011 at 21:58 , Blogger Leadership Learning said...

Love the photo and such lovely words. Those are true friendships, you may not always see each other but you are there when you need each other.

 
At 17 February 2011 at 14:17 , Blogger Carrie said...

Well written! I know exactly what you mean. My best friend is just like that. We are not together every minute anymore, but she was the first by my side at three am, when Hannah was diagnosed. Ah, now I'm all teary.
You do look super cute in the hat! Love the attitude. :-)

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home