This Page

has been moved to new address

Achey, Afraid and Absorbed - Reasons to be Cheerful

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alexander Residence: Achey, Afraid and Absorbed - Reasons to be Cheerful

Thursday 24 March 2011

Achey, Afraid and Absorbed - Reasons to be Cheerful

I ache. That's a good thing.
I've been exercising lots more and it's actually really good to feel my muscles saying hello again.

Feel the fear and do it anyway
Today I have booked to go an an early years storytelling course. For no real reason other than I fancied putting some of my old skills as a drama teacher back into use. It's good to invest in yourself and to challenge yourself.  I'm scared at the thought of performing again, but I know I will love it once I get into it.

Sunshine. Being outdoors. 
There is a part of me that wants to stop all the green shoots growing and tell them I'm not ready to come out of winter, that it's not fair for the garden to be alive when my mum isn't (she died in January). But you can't beat sun on your face, and it's nature's way of coaxing me to keep up. I treated myself to some purple sunglasses today to mark that very thing.

I really love the park, even if my 2yo frightened a 1yo with a scarily overprotective mum.  I walked away calmly and didn't let her bring me down.  We hid in trees, collected daisies and befriended a dog.

We spent this afternoon in the garden, the kids playing in sand and water and eating tea in their 'tent' in the garden.  For the first time in ages they were completely absorbed without me.  I cant tell you how nice that was, for all of us


Hope everyone else has a lovely weekend. Look forward to hearing other people's reasons to be cheerful.


Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy with a Heart

Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

At 10 April 2011 at 14:05 , Anonymous AlexanderResidence said...

Thank you so much for your thoughts. For something so sad it was a
very positive experience.

 
At 10 April 2011 at 14:06 , Anonymous Helen said...

What a lovely list - lots of love to you as you scatter your Mum's ashes this weekend.

 
At 10 April 2011 at 14:06 , Anonymous Michelle Twin Mum said...

Fab! My heart ached for you when you said about your Mum.

Enjoy the story telling course.

Mich x

 
At 10 April 2011 at 14:06 , Anonymous AlexanderResidence said...

Did a run this morning. Double ache and no chance of leaving the sofa tonight!

 
At 10 April 2011 at 14:06 , Anonymous AlexanderResidence said...

Oooh would love to read about it!

 
At 10 April 2011 at 14:06 , Anonymous AlexanderResidence said...

I love your rambles!

 
At 10 April 2011 at 14:06 , Anonymous mid30slife said...

It's so nice reading all this having met you now!

I enjoyed reading that, we haven't made it to the park for a couple of days and reading that made me really miss it.

Personally, I have never been so happy to see the sun EVER.
xx

 
At 10 April 2011 at 14:06 , Anonymous AlexanderResidence said...

Thanks. It's taking me out of my comfort zone, but about time my
acting brain got a workout!

 
At 10 April 2011 at 14:06 , Anonymous Fishfingers for tea said...

The course sounds really interesting! I'd love to do something like that but not sure I'm brave enough! Good luck and I hope it's everything you want it to be x

 
At 10 April 2011 at 14:06 , Anonymous AlexanderResidence said...

Me too. I seem to be attracting them at the moment. My 2yo doesn't
size up the parents when he picks his battles!

 
At 10 April 2011 at 14:06 , Anonymous Inside the Wendy House said...

Well done with coping with the scarily overprotective mum in the park...I hate those moments! x

 
At 10 April 2011 at 14:06 , Anonymous AlexanderResidence said...

I am so sorry you've been through this too. Thanks for sharing your
experience, I found it really helpful. Losing someone changes so much,
I'm suprised by the positive outlooks on life it has given me as much
as the negative. I am learning to live much more in the now which I
think is very healthy!
Thanks x

 
At 10 April 2011 at 14:06 , Anonymous Catherine Holmes said...

Well done on seizing life so soon after your mum's death. I lost my mum in September 2009 and am fascinated by how I respond to things now she is not around. This Spring it felt great to see new life as she used to love the season so much. Last year, I resented everything that existed when she had gone. Good luck on all fronts.
You keep being honest and getting on with life and making memories - it is all it is about in the end I think.
My reasons are over at http://gigglingatitall.blogspot.com

 
At 10 April 2011 at 14:06 , Anonymous Paula (QWERTY Mum) said...

I went on a story telling course. It was very inspiring. I actually found some of my resources that I made when I was sorting out my loft. Almost felt there was a blog post in it.

 
At 10 April 2011 at 14:06 , Anonymous Clare Anderson said...

Lovely reasons! I agree about the exercising - I always feel quite satisfied when I ache!

 
At 10 April 2011 at 14:06 , Anonymous helloitsgemma said...

great post, as usual perfect in the construction (mine is rambling). Sunshine is fabulous.
I am very impressed with another course especially story telling and excercising

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home