This Page

has been moved to new address

After Silent Sunday, More on Monday

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alexander Residence: After Silent Sunday, More on Monday

Monday 14 March 2011

After Silent Sunday, More on Monday

Some interesting debate about the Silent Sunday rules yesterday on Twitter.  I like the rules a lot.  One photo.  No words. 

Yesterday lots of words snuck in.  Him up North had two photos, but they were almost seamless in their impact.  I think constraint builds creativity, but I am also a rebel at heart.  So if there's a way to bend the rules I will.

So here is More on Monday, because my son and spaghetti is neither cute nor adorable.  No, he was like a whirlwind on speed on Saturday, when H who is his friend, had her third birthday.  The troughs of spaghetti and jelly were part of her really lovely celebrations.  Here's what happened next as captured by H's Dad.  That's me trying to defend myself, the other guests, the garden from the beginnings of a spaghetti explosion.



It was a really messy fun party activity, a great way to absorb 2 and 3 year olds and enjoyable to go to what seems to be sadly becoming a thing of the past - a children's birthday party at home.  Thankfully other parents kindly pointed out bits of stray spaghetti in my hair over the course of the afternoon.

Here is gorgeous H with her cake, which was a masterpiece.  It's a sheep and from the brilliant book Birthday Cakes for Kids by Annie Rigg and Sandra Lane, a collection of really achievable cakes with a wow factor.  I reckon even I could pull them off, and I have absolutely no patience for cake decorating. 




So More on Monday.  Behind the scenes of Silent Sunday...more pics...more tips...lots of cheating.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At 14 March 2011 at 12:20 , Blogger Him Up North said...

I am spartacus :)

 
At 14 March 2011 at 12:27 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Blimey, we have a revolution up North :)

 
At 14 March 2011 at 13:34 , Blogger MichelleTwinMum said...

I love the idea, it is fabulous.

Brave lady with the party at home.

Mich x

 
At 14 March 2011 at 13:57 , Anonymous TheBoyandMe said...

What a fab idea for a post! We had a party at home for The Boy's 1st birthday & will continue this for as long as I can get away with it. I'm lucly his birthday is in June, chuck some toys in the garden & put bunting & balloons up & Roberto is your parent's brother!

 
At 14 March 2011 at 14:25 , Blogger zookeeper said...

God that cake is a winner. So you didn't make it? (No criticism - with two year olds I certainly haven't had to brave the mixing bowl yet). M on M is a great idea, I love posting the best photos so the more chances the better. However I agree about constraint breeding creativity - that's what happened with filmmaking pre 1960s - you'll be able to give me the dates! (I read film and Italian at uni and work in the film industry). Pls check out my recent Silent Sundays if you have time - I'm new to it so only in the last one did I have the courage to let the photo speak for itself! Are you going to create a badge for M on M? Separately, join the debate at my most recent post - are you a mother or do you happen to have children? I'm sure it's the former but you'll understand when you visit!

 
At 14 March 2011 at 15:07 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Mich - brave indeed! Boy and Me - the weather does make or break these things.
Zookeeper - No I dodn't make it, it was a friend's daughter's party. I'm not sure its a linky, just me procrastinating from my OU assignment. I'm coming over, you've sparked so many great things to talk about there. Courage yes, I know what you mean, I have done a couple of Silent Sundays that fell flat, it's funny the effect pictures have on people. Sometimes the ones i think won't appeal are the best.

 
At 14 March 2011 at 18:05 , Blogger JoJo said...

I love the photos. I love to break rules....or make them. x

 
At 15 March 2011 at 14:33 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a good idea about pasta and jelly troughs. My next bubba is due the day before my eldest's 4th birthday so was thinking of planning a party at home, so grandparents could take over in the event of me being in hospital, and think I may steal this one! Sadly I think the cake will be bought. Great post x

 
At 15 March 2011 at 21:23 , Anonymous Kath Parklover said...

I wonder if there is a pink spider cake in that book? I'm going to have to create one in a couple of weeks - my daughter has been asking for one for months. She saw it in a dream. She is one of a kind.

 
At 16 March 2011 at 07:23 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Hi Jo Jo, good to meet a fellow rebel.
Motherporridge - wow now that's a situation. yep make life as easy as possible on yourselves!
Kath - Not sure I saw a spider, but its all labout how you use the sweets according to the book. I would get inspired by visiting kate Takes 5's listography this week. Your daughter is a visionary!

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home