This Page

has been moved to new address

Goodbye February, Hello March!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alexander Residence: Goodbye February, Hello March!

Thursday 3 March 2011

Goodbye February, Hello March!

I can't believe it's March already.  My latest blog discovery is I need curtains for the windows in my head.  I have been finding Jules' blog really inspiring.  This week she blogged about her list of things to do this month and reviewed her progress in February.  I love that amongst health and craft project targets she had little achievable, but oh so meaningful things, like wear lipstick twice this month.

So here are mine:
Make my best friend a photo album of my before and after her wedding shots.
Start making a memory box/photo album about my mum, with Miss L.
Catch up with my brother and as many of my friends as I can, during a trip to London.
Pay for a course of yoga, instead of paying as I go, so I can't wriggle out.
Run twice a week
Write a short story for my Open University course. 
Write my after the funeral thank yous
Dye my hair, a bit redder.
Give my nails some TLC (nicking that one from Jules)
Read a novel, or two

I'll be back to check on these in April.  Have you got a list for the month?

So three days in and I have bought hair dye, skipped yoga and been running twice.  I got given a novel yesterday, and I 've read 30 pages of Ian McEwan's On Chesil Beach, so that's a nod or two in the right direction.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 3 March 2011 at 20:34 , Anonymous Helloitsgemma said...

Been meaning to do something similar. Haven't had time - hopeless!

 
At 3 March 2011 at 21:27 , Blogger Leadership Learning said...

I can't believe it's March already too! Good luck with your list. The memory box idea sounds really lovely.

 
At 3 March 2011 at 21:45 , Blogger Trish said...

I'm pleased February is over - what a month! The first day in March was my boy's birthday, he was 15, so that felt good to be celebrating.

Like you I still have a 'to do' list following my dad's death. I want to send a letter and a cheque to the hospice which looked after him and I need to write an obituary for his old University magazine. I mustn't put it off any longer. Having said that, I've had a nice week at home faffing about. Faffing is good sometimes!!

 
At 3 March 2011 at 21:45 , Blogger carole said...

Oh I always have a 'To Do' list on the go, I couldn't survive without them. I plucked my eyebrows tonight so that was another thing I could cross off my list!

Good luck with your list and I hope you manage to achieve some if not all of your things to do by the end of March. x

 
At 4 March 2011 at 07:12 , Anonymous Kirsty said...

Haha, Chesil Beach is a good plan as it's nice and short! It sounds like you have a busy month planned, but what a great sense of achievement if you get it all done. :)

Have you seen Where the Brass Bands Play (she's @tiddlyompompom on twitter and elsewhere)? She does a similar monthly challenge link-up that I think you'd enjoy too.

 
At 6 March 2011 at 21:28 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Gemma - there's always next month, better than new year's resolutions!
Laura- I know where's the year going?
Trish - phaffing is good, I am doing lots of it and alllowong yourself to phaff in these circumstances is important too I think!
Carole - thanks! Oh might have to add eyebrows ;)
kirsty - thanks, yep went for a short novel to warm up! I will check it out, had forgotten I saw it sone time ago.

 
At 6 March 2011 at 21:41 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

On Chesil Beach is great book. Good choice. I've been reading the same paragraph of the new Jonathan Franzen book for the last 6 months. I too have resolved to try and learn to read books again - suffering with baby addled brain.

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home