This Page

has been moved to new address

The Gallery - Expressions

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alexander Residence: The Gallery - Expressions

Wednesday 23 February 2011

The Gallery - Expressions

Last week for The Gallery I shared me and my best friend in a fashion rite of passage:


Low and behold, I saw her last night, and during a fab girls' night  in - which she expertly hosted, with dinner, vino, cupcakes, choccies and facepacks - she presented me with a photo in a frame.  She is a girl for whom actions speak louder than words, and I love her for it.

It immediately hit me as the image I hadn't yet found for this week's The Gallery, where the theme is expressions. So moving on twenty years...


It's at A's wedding last summer.  The band The Jungle VIP were amazing.  My mum was just about to leave but a tune we couldn't resist came on, and A, mum and I had one last impromptu dance together.  I love our expressions...

A looks absolutely radiant, she had the biggest grin I have ever seen all day.  (She married very well, in fact her husband cooked for all eight of us girls last night, before making himself scarce). 

Mum loved to dance, round the kitchen every Friday with  G and T in hand.  Her dancing was infectious and soon pulled everyone in.  And she was a professional smiler.

I am loving being a bridesmaid, and my expression, well... that's jazz, funk appreciation.

Check out all the other expressions in the lovely Sticky Fingers The Gallery

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

11 Comments:

At 23 February 2011 at 10:51 , Blogger Emma said...

Love the comment about your mum being a Professional smiler! Great expressions photo too, and I love your friends wedding dress! Emma

 
At 23 February 2011 at 11:11 , Anonymous helloitsgemma said...

great 'snap' one of those grab the moment photographs that really captures something.
Everyone looks so happy (and v. cool!).

 
At 23 February 2011 at 12:26 , Blogger Mrs Worthington said...

Loving the now and then element to you pic. that truly is a jazz funk appreciation smile

 
At 23 February 2011 at 13:51 , Blogger Kate said...

It's a great one. But I bet your Mum's up there giving out about the fact she didn't take her coat off for the snap and now you're sharing it with the world!

 
At 23 February 2011 at 14:43 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Thanks Emma and Gemma :)
Mrs W - glad you appreciate it too!
Kate - oh my goodness, that's so true!

 
At 23 February 2011 at 14:44 , Blogger Jenny said...

Great photo! Great comment about your mum and her being a professional smiler it's a fabulous smile!

 
At 23 February 2011 at 16:28 , Anonymous Karin @ Cafe Bebe said...

So very sweet! How special to have such a wonderful friend...lovely!

:) Karin

 
At 23 February 2011 at 17:21 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a brilliant, life long friend like that. They really do make life so lovely, don't they?

I've just read a few pages of your blog and I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Also, we must live close if you live near HPH! We live in the Gamston/West Bridgford area. xxx

 
At 23 February 2011 at 21:43 , Anonymous tiddlyompompom said...

what a happy photo and a happy memory. and what a thoughtful friend you have. I love your jazz funk appreciation face :)

 
At 23 February 2011 at 22:00 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear P,

It certainly was a very happy day and full of smiles and funky dancing - lets not forget our florence moment to end the evening! Bravo to us being us!
Love A x

 
At 24 February 2011 at 20:14 , Blogger zookeeper said...

May I say that in last year's pic you look just slightly...like you are being goosed?! Lovely of your mum (bet the blogging and photo-finding is helping with everything) and I'll agree with Kate that your mum's jacket is a bit of a sartorial non-sequitur! Thanks for stopping by again - I am joining the blogging (human) race and now have the silent sunday badge - now looking for wordless wednesday too!

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home