This Page

has been moved to new address

Films I can't get out of my head

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alexander Residence: Films I can't get out of my head

Thursday 17 February 2011

Films I can't get out of my head


I am probably the only Film Studies teacher in the world who can't remember the names of films, or of film stars and who also suffers from film induced narcolepsy.  Despite this my film students' results were still outstanding, so I'm playing Kate Takes 5's listography this week regardless.

So here are five I do remember (Mr A helped with the names):

Seven - I had nightmares for weeks, I saw dead people everywhere.

Usual Suspects - best twist at the end, even if my best friend had to explain it to me afterwards.

The Bourne Trilogy - Maaaaaaat Daaaaaaaamon Jason Bourne is just such an uber cool character, I love all the global settings and I can relate, of course, to his amnesia.  (I'm very tempted to stop now as a trilogy really takes me up to five)

Dirty Pretty Things - About an illegal immigrant working in a London hotel who takes revenge on the system that holds him down.  So clever.

The Red Balloon - A new favourite.  Beautiful story of a boy and a red balloon in Paris.  My mum read me the book as a child, my dad just tracked down the DVD.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At 17 February 2011 at 22:37 , Blogger Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

Seven scared me SO much- in fact I still don't want talk about it-
Usual Suspects is the only movie that I have ever in my life watched (back in the old days) pressed rewind and watched right over again.
Red Ballon is a classic

 
At 17 February 2011 at 22:43 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Yay, Ren, proof I know I good film when I see it, which isn't that often as I am notorious for falling asleep in the opening section.
Would never watch Seven again, but would watch Usual Supects too!

 
At 18 February 2011 at 08:47 , Anonymous Hannah said...

I love your choice of films. Se7en and the Usual Suspects narrowly mised my list.

Love them.

So does your film-induced narcolepsy and not knowing names mean you won't be taking part in my new movie meme I'm starting next week?x

 
At 18 February 2011 at 08:59 , Blogger Kate said...

Yes to the first three and will be looking up the last two. Love that your dad found the DVD for you. x

 
At 18 February 2011 at 10:57 , Anonymous Helloitsgemma said...

Interesting. Can't do this spent a week trying to narrow to 5 without success.

 
At 18 February 2011 at 16:09 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Hannah -Great idea. I am in, I may be visiting Gemma for some ideas, love her sofacinema page too!

 
At 18 February 2011 at 20:22 , Blogger This Mid 30s Life said...

How good are the Bourne movies?? I'm not normally into action films but I can watch all three again and again. Might be slightly to do with Matt Damon, but still, great films.

 
At 20 February 2011 at 09:37 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great choices! I've never fancied the Bourne films but may have to investigate as everyone says how good they are. Also fancy the red balloon film x

 
At 14 November 2011 at 18:55 , Anonymous Aaron said...

Love the Bourne movies too. Even my wife likes them (finally a movie we agree on).

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home