This Page

has been moved to new address

Music I want my children to listen to (Linky here this week!)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alexander Residence: Music I want my children to listen to (Linky here this week!)

Monday 21 February 2011

Music I want my children to listen to (Linky here this week!)

 GhostWriterMummy

Music is a world within itself
With a language we all understand
With an equal opportunity
For all to sing, dance and clap their hands

Go Stevie! 

Yes Mr Wonder is the musician I want to inspire my kids this week.  My favourite Stevie song of all time is Sir Duke, funnily enough it's all about the power of music, and name checks lots of other influential artists.  In fact Sir Duke topped the charts the year I was born so I think I was born to love this song. 

Quick, click the button below, and you can tap your feet while I tell you the story bit:



I discovered Stevie when I was a teenager working as a waitress.  The restaurant was in a village which is rumoured to have the highest number of millionaires per square mile, it was run by a fabulous hippy lady and her dreadlocked boyfriend.  The staff were like an extended family, and many of my friends worked there.  Most shifts finished with us all sitting round the table with some seriously decent tips, a glass of Chablis or Sancerre, a cheese board, mellow tunes and great conversation.  Happy Days.

So I bought Songs in the Key of Life and haven't stopped listening since.  It's an album which always makes me see the positives.

And it is my turn to host this linky this week, so go on, get your music out, write a post and come back and add your link below:

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 21 February 2011 at 21:43 , Blogger Unknown said...

What a great choice....Mr Wonder has made some awesome tunes that make so many people happy...including me :)

 
At 21 February 2011 at 23:48 , Blogger Unknown said...

Has to be said - fantastic choice :)

 
At 22 February 2011 at 09:27 , Anonymous Nic's Notebook said...

Love this tune!!

 
At 22 February 2011 at 09:36 , Anonymous helloitsgemma said...

I love this CD, I played it on my first road trip with my son *weeps a bit at the memory* As is my absolute fave track.

 
At 22 February 2011 at 11:22 , Blogger Holly said...

Good choice :)

BTW I think I just linked twice, sorry :/

 
At 22 February 2011 at 12:08 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Glad it meets with approval!
Gemma, you just reminded me i love As too, in fact it was our first dance at our wedding, can't believe I overlooked that.

Holly - no worries

 
At 22 February 2011 at 21:45 , Blogger zookeeper said...

Is your listography linked to KateTake5? I only ask as I am such a remiss blogger, always trying to concentrate on earning money (but failing at that too), that I miss the boat before Kate has put up the new listography subject! I wanted to do the film one but of course that's long gone. Anyway love Stevie. Supersition is my absolute favourite. LOVE your Silent Sunday pic. Gorgeously edible. I've just put my first one up but nobody has visited (boo-hoo). Serves me right for blogging so infrequently (aim to change that) Congrats on your Brilliance in Blogging Award. Had a peak around and your blog is wonderfully varied and full of life and love. How are you feeling? x

 
At 23 February 2011 at 10:02 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Hello zookeeper! I think Kate is doing top 5 things for a brilliant day and I haven't done it yet - thanks for the reminder! This linky gets passed round me, ghostwriter mummy and hazel and blue after a twitter conversation we had one morning about music. Metal Mummy is doing a film meme - join in!
Thanks for having a good look round, I am adding you to my blog roll so i don't forget to visit, and popping over.
Doing ok thanks, some mad, sad moments of grief but taking it all in my stride.

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home