This Page

has been moved to new address

Back to School carnival

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alexander Residence: Back to School carnival

Thursday 8 September 2011

Back to School carnival

Three days in to the start of the life of a school running mum and I thought, instead of drowning myself in gin, I might pat myself on the back, both as a parent and a blogger, with a mini back to school carnival. (Indulgent yes, but hey I think it's worth it)

Here's me talking for Britmums about back to school jitters.  And yes Miss L and I did have a school run dress rehearsal, although not in costume, that would have been too much effort.

And here's where Netmums featured my post Good Luck Lady L, you will be FINE, they called it a poem and it kind of is, on starting school, or rather the long, laborious build up to it.

Finally don't miss my Little Legacy on School Gate Fails this week, if you've seen any of my posts about my mum you'll know she was an amazing lady. For one week only I reveal the truth about 'good enough' parenting: 'We were the last ones legging it to the door, bags, coats and packed lunches flying behind us, like something out of a Quentin Blake illustration.'  Possibly my favourite simile ever that one too.

And here is the little lady L herself, with a big cheesy grin.



Hope back to school went really well for everyone.

love
Penny

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 9 September 2011 at 08:35 , Anonymous Honest Mum said...

Well done lovely on your post and bringing up such a wonderful, happy little girl. Love the picture of her ready for school. They grow up so quickly don't they.

 
At 9 September 2011 at 12:17 , Anonymous Midlife Singlemum said...

Wishing you all a happy, productive and successful school year.xx

 
At 11 September 2011 at 21:46 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my gosh - she looks so grown up.

 
At 12 September 2011 at 22:53 , Blogger Rachel said...

Yay, back to school! What a lovely little girl, she looks ready for anything life can throw at her.

Speaking of good enough parenting, I reckon there's no harm in patting yourself on the back while drowning in gin...

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home