This Page

has been moved to new address

Vintage Fisher Price Camper - Little Legacy 17

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alexander Residence: Vintage Fisher Price Camper - Little Legacy 17

Thursday 3 November 2011

Vintage Fisher Price Camper - Little Legacy 17


My Dad found this in the loft recently.  The Fisher Price camper van my brother and I played with.  So many happy memories of this toy.  They just don't make them like this anymore; it's so robust, it has so many features.  It's a truck, a camper, a boat.  Having owned a campervan and now a caravan I can see how much inspiration this gave me.  Fancy a tour?

Setting up camp. 
It even has a toilet (and the figures fit in it perfectly)

Four little bunks

Taking in the view

Spot of boating
Time to hit the road again

Dad brought the camper round with a little bag of Duplo in which was a little sailor and a red boat.  One look at him with his scratched and freckled face under his blue hat and I felt myself sailing back in time.  All those voyages he went on at bath time. 

There was also a little wooden village, made up of tiny red and blue roofed houses, wooden gates and trees and animals. I had already bought a version of this for my children because I had such fond memories of making little villages.  Now we have merged the two sets together, some still shiny, some faded and worn round the edges.  There is also a legless dog and a tiny figure of a woman, which I vaguely remember belonged to my mum as a child.

These three sets are so utterly evocative of my childhood.  I was so pleased to see them, as of course were my children.  I'm not sure who put them in the loft, mum or dad, but I am so glad they did.  

This has me thinking which toys will truly stand the test of time in our house. The village will certainly be one of them, which each generation adding to it. What about in your house?

Little legacy is a remembrance project , a positive and creative space, to celebrate small things handed down by inspirational people. Feel free to link up a little legacy you've been thinking about this week, or to leave one in the comments. Here's the code and here's more on Little Legacy@AResidence


Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

At 3 November 2011 at 07:02 , Blogger Super Amazing Mum (Super AM) said...

I LOVED the fisher price camper van as well...My favourite toy though, was tree tots, a gree tree house that even had a lift in the middle and coincidentally, I blogged about that last week as Pixie was sent a sprite lite tree set which was totally in the spirit of tree tots!!

My parents have also kept a lot of our toys and it is so nice to see the nest generation playing with them. I can't think of one toy that my kids play with today that will stand the test of time - can you?

 
At 3 November 2011 at 10:29 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful - I want one!

 
At 3 November 2011 at 10:56 , Anonymous Emma @mummymummymum said...

oh how lovely. I have my old Fisher Price School house up in the loft, it has the same style furniture as your camper van.

In our house, I think the Duplo, Brio Train track and dolls house will be kept and preserved. Maybe our 100s of cars too, and nice teddy bears. I want to keep them all xx

 
At 3 November 2011 at 11:51 , Blogger Cat said...

My mum and dad kept the Fisher Price school from 1971, and dug it out when we visited with Zack last. I was thrilled to see it again.

Of course when I saw the same school in a charity shop here for just $4 I had to buy it. We teamed it with the 1969 school bus which I found on ebay. As you say it's amazing that this stuff is still going strong, and just as much fun for the kids as ever.

 
At 3 November 2011 at 12:03 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

SAM - have just been to visit your post, wow I remember Tree Tots!
Gemma - you can come and play with it one day.
Emma - Yes, Duplo and brio for me too, and I still have my Doll's House in our office, you just reminded me.
Wow Cat that's a bargain! You even know the vintages, I am very impressed!

 
At 3 November 2011 at 12:12 , Blogger Jenny said...

wow! that loos amazing they don't make cute toys like that anymore do they - i have fond memories of my weebles i was gutted when my dad took them o the rubbish dump :(
i havent thought about what toys i will keep from my boys - knowing the hoarder and sentimental person i am - all of them lol xx

 
At 3 November 2011 at 23:55 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks fab! Great post as always. You've inspired me to write next week's post about my doll Miss Polly that my mum saved and then gave to Noo. She loves her and is often cuddling her when she falls asleep!

 
At 4 November 2011 at 07:42 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This would be named as one of my most loved toys, lucky you still having it.

The places that camper took me, the adventures we had, I truly loved this toy.

I did have the school too but I much preferred to go out for the day than go to School!!! :-)

 
At 30 November 2011 at 11:15 , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh that's gorgeous! I want one! I have very few toys from my childhood because my mum was a regular declutterer!

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home