This Page

has been moved to new address

Blog hop - kettle's on!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alexander Residence: Blog hop - kettle's on!

Monday 15 November 2010

Blog hop - kettle's on!


Welcome!  Whether you have found your own way here or come via the BMB blog hop I hope you had a good journey.  I didn't want you to hop all the way over here, just to hear me say I'd joined the blog hop.  I made a cuppa and left out some biscuits, please make yourself at home, have a rummage.

I was going to find this picture on the internet, but they were either too posh or too bland so here is the real thing instead.  You're in luck my mother in law brought us a box of millionaire shortbread at the weekend.

So would you like to hear what made me giggle yesterday?   I was watching an advert for Chanel aftershave, you may have seen it at the weekend.  Gorgeous chiselled man in a press conference?  French actor Gaspard Ulliel.  Directed by Martin Scorcese so it's all moody blue undertones.  Music by Rolling Stones so it's all very sixties.  Flashback sequence where he toys with two different women.  And then at the end, in a gravelly French accent he announces to the waiting press conference:

Ullier:   [Close Up]  I'm not going to be the person I'm expected to be any more.'

High angle shot.  We see the walls surrounding the press conference fall down.  Ullier walks away.

And I turned to my husband and I said 'I'm going to try that.'  (The line not the aftershave).
'Me too' he said.  And we laughed.  And we came up with silly scenarios where we would deliver this line in a gravelly French accent.  Me with the kids at breakfast, him in the board room. 

And in case you missed it, because it it is a rather beautiful piece of advertising and *ahem* Mr Ulliell and his friends aren't bad looking either:



Oh and please say hello below, so I can hop over to you! And click below to find the other wonderful blogs to hop onto:

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 15 November 2010 at 14:47 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, found your blog through the blog hop. Just going to have a snoop around. Nice to "meet" you :-)

 
At 15 November 2010 at 14:55 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Lovey to meet you, have a good look, you are very welcome. Will pop over to yours later :)

 
At 15 November 2010 at 15:06 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh lovely biscuits. I realised that I have been over to your blog in the last week. I just couldn't think of anything intelligent to say re. your last posting. (so I am keeping up)Whereas biscuits.... millionaire shortbread as well. Nice mugs!

 
At 15 November 2010 at 15:08 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

and can I also add; that perfume and after shave adverts drive me mad - so removed from reality.

 
At 15 November 2010 at 15:24 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Hi Gemma
Lovely to see you. I am sat here in full 60s make up and a blonde wig. Aren't you?
Glad the biscuits were up your street. I'll be round later!

 
At 16 November 2010 at 13:23 , Blogger Emma said...

Just stopping by for a cuppa and to let you know I've given you an award, drop by and pick it up sometime xx

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home