This Page

has been moved to new address

One Little Word

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alexander Residence: One Little Word

Thursday 24 March 2011

One Little Word

For a while an idea of working out what on earth my blog is about by asking other people has been floating round my head.  When I taught Media Studies I used a technique with my students - supposedly nicked from marketing - you have to choose just 5 words to define your brand.  Anyway, the idea will have to keep floating because the lovely Mummy from the Heart started a tag on similar lines but with a much lovelier backstory and using just use one word.  Here is how she explains it:

'This got me thinking about an email I received a few years back, one of those circular things that I normally hate but this one I loved and have never forgotten.  It was about the power of positive affirmations and how knowing what positive things others think of you can boost your own self-esteem.  It talked of an inspirational teacher who got all her children to write one positive word down to describe the other children in the class and then they had to hand them in.  The teacher then collated all the positive words for each child into a special sheet for them and handed it to them to read and keep.  They learnt that their peers saw them in ways they had never imagined and it had an immense effect on them.  The story goes that one of them died and a number of them attended the funeral and it was found that they all still had their lists 20 or so years later as they had been really touched by this loving gesture.  Did this really happen?  Who knows, but I love the sentiment of this story and therefore it does not matter to me if it was real. Well, what about if us bloggers and virtual friends did something similar?'

Sounds great to me.  Superamazingmum tagged me, and she's a lady who already has two great words in her name which she certainly lives up to. 

So who to tag? Recently on twitter I have been talking to @mama_andmore @mumrablog @susurem @theboyandme @hazel and blue @lincolnandme @helloitsgemma @honestmummy @marisworld @muddleduck @elsieanderton @scottish_mum @lauraawntym @mum_themadhouse @manicmum @eviegracesmummy

And here is a pile of free tags, go on help yourself, have one, you know you want to join in on this.

So do please leave one (positive) word to describe me, and leave me a link if you want me to come and return the favour. How lovely is this?

 Thank you x

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

At 10 April 2011 at 14:06 , Anonymous Mother Badger said...

Inspired

 
At 10 April 2011 at 14:06 , Anonymous Michelle Twin Mum said...

Thanks for joining in. I love reading all the posts that have come out of this meme!

I shall choose Optimist for you.

Mich x

 
At 10 April 2011 at 14:06 , Anonymous Sarah Trivuncic said...

Friendly! - when I met you last week *waves*

 
At 10 April 2011 at 14:06 , Anonymous ghostwritermummy said...

Brave XxX

 
At 10 April 2011 at 14:06 , Anonymous mama-andmore said...

Witty x

 
At 10 April 2011 at 14:06 , Anonymous AlexanderResidence said...

Great to meet a fellow happy camper/tin can lover!

 
At 10 April 2011 at 14:06 , Anonymous Scottish Mum said...

Friendly

 
At 10 April 2011 at 14:06 , Anonymous AlexanderResidence said...

I always think I am too serious so that's good to hear, thank you :)

 
At 10 April 2011 at 14:06 , Anonymous AlexanderResidence said...

Thank you. I think reading blogs is so inspiring, so many inspiring people.

 
At 10 April 2011 at 14:06 , Anonymous AlexanderResidence said...

Thank you. I've definitely had to be that a lot lately :)

 
At 10 April 2011 at 14:06 , Anonymous Laura said...

inspiring

 
At 10 April 2011 at 14:06 , Anonymous Erin said...

Brave.

 
At 10 April 2011 at 14:06 , Anonymous AlexanderResidence said...

Thank you. I will come and 'do' yours!

 
At 10 April 2011 at 14:06 , Anonymous TheBoyandMe said...

Sincere.

Thanks for the tag, but I've already been done.

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home