This Page

has been moved to new address

The Gallery: Black and White

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alexander Residence: The Gallery: Black and White

Tuesday 23 November 2010

The Gallery: Black and White

The Gallery at Sticky Fingers has the theme of  black and white this week.  Apart from my wedding pics, which I didn't take, I have very few.  Silly because I love black and white photos.  Today Mr A texted a picture of the snow in Norway, where he is with work.  

     'When will it snow here?' said Miss L. 
     'Maybe around Christmas' I said. 

Later I saw via twitter, that snow is indeed forecast in the East of the UK!  In honour of that here are the snow capped trees and plant pots of my parent's garden earlier this year. Not a black and white photo but a black and white world.

And just to make my picture look more professional, here is Mr A's shot of Oslo.  It's a family tradition that when he is away with work I send lots of carefully considered pictures of us having fun and we get one blurry picture from his hotel room in return:


Exciting eh?  

Are you looking forward to snow where you are? I'm looking forward to my wander round The Gallery this week. I'm thinking black and white, arty glasses, a glass of red wine, long scarf, cigarette in a holder...

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

At 23 November 2010 at 22:42 , Anonymous Sarah of Catching the Magic said...

Love the 'black and white world' description. That's a lot is snow you had last year. I remember my dear folks leaving it behind to come to NZ and help me out in the latter stages of my pregnancy with Alice.

Chuckled at your hubbie's 'hotel room' contribution, bless!

 
At 23 November 2010 at 23:00 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Thanks Sarah. Bet your folks were relieved to leave the snow for NZ weather and Alice, who looks and sounds adorable on your blog btw.

 
At 24 November 2010 at 02:01 , Anonymous Him Up North said...

Love snowy pictures. If mine had been that good I would have used some. Great shots.

 
At 24 November 2010 at 05:30 , Blogger Carrie said...

We got snow over here in Seattle, too! The kids love it. It makes me nervous because are roads are so icy. It makes getting to the hospital with Hannah a dangerous thing. Hopefully, it will melt soon.

 
At 24 November 2010 at 08:16 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Thanks Him Up North, thanks for visiting and for your help yesterday :)

 
At 24 November 2010 at 08:21 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Hello Carrie
It's funny you should say that, this pic was taken when me and my Dad were making the daily trudge through snow to see my mum who was in hospital. Each day we felt like explorers braving the elements to get there. I hope te snow isn't getting in the way of Hannah's treatment. I am sure I have a Mr A Seattle hotel room view actually. He enjoyed Seattle not that you can tell from the pic!

 
At 24 November 2010 at 10:45 , Blogger Leadership Learning said...

A lovely picture. I'm not so keen on the snow tbh I'm definitely a summer gal but Wee Z loves the snow, not sure what Miss C is going to make of it.

 
At 24 November 2010 at 12:47 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello. Love the photos of your mum - she is so cool. The car park photo made me laugh. Lovely photos. I must make time to do the gallery. Blog is looking great with various badges (must make time).

 
At 24 November 2010 at 13:32 , Anonymous SeaThreePeeO said...

What a beautiful snow filled picture. My childlike half is thinking 'Yay snow!' and my more grumpy half is thinking 'No, snow!'

 
At 24 November 2010 at 14:13 , Blogger Tilly said...

Lovely wintry scene - so long as you don't have to walk in it too much!

 
At 24 November 2010 at 14:24 , Anonymous @jencull (jen) said...

I love snow photos, a brilliant entry for the gallery:) Jen

 
At 25 November 2010 at 19:40 , Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely picture!! I'm kinda looking forward to the snow.. for the fun aspect but then not for the whole getting snowed in and not being able to go away/do anything once the snow gets boring!

 
At 28 November 2010 at 11:57 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Thanks for the comments everyone :)
After half an hour in the snow with three under fives, one of who refuses to wear gloves, I am with you all!
Brrr it's cold out there!

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home