This Page

has been moved to new address

Call centre pirates and musical cherubs

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alexander Residence: Call centre pirates and musical cherubs

Tuesday 26 April 2011

Call centre pirates and musical cherubs

My lovely little brother asked me for some of his niece's drawings to make me a new header.  I confessed to my husband that it all sounded a bit amateurish, me not being a very 'visual' person. But Mr A reminded me that my brother always comes up with great designs (they used to work together).  My brother emailed me my new header.  I ate my words.  Mr A was right. 

My humble contribution was to suggest the pink writing went under my son and the blue under my daughter.  Don't want anyone accusing me of gender stereotyping.

What I love about the new header (apart from the fact it looks professional and actually fits the template) is that it features the piano my mum used to play.  My brother and I burnt through a small fortune in piano lessons.  There isn't much to show for that.  But both my children have been utterly transfixed with the piano, from the word go, as you can see.

L as a baby with my Mum
I am a bit sad to say goodbye to the old header, it being my first.  Dichotomy of, who has a fantastic blog that often takes me back to my childhood to the extent I sometimes think we were separated at birth, called it my 'call centre pirates' which made me giggle.  But I love that headers can change with the times, I've made a HeadsDown page to celebrate my old headers. I like the idea they can grow with my children.


Out with the old and in with the new.  And may my children excel at piano playing.  Mr A was in a band, in fact that's how I fell for him, so maybe, just maybe I have at least bagged them some musical talent, as it certainly won't be coming from me. 

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At 27 April 2011 at 11:30 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the mention and generally the loveliness - A brilliant idea to put the old headers together on a page to see the changes. Fantastic picture of your Mum and L - I have high hopes for my two's musical future as well. (Although thinking about Ida's behavior at songtime I'm surprised, again, at my blind optimism!) xx

 
At 27 April 2011 at 21:34 , Blogger Kate said...

Oh now I want to do that too - a page of old headers (though mine would be full already!) Got to say I loved those pirates...but pleased I now know the piano connection. x

 
At 28 April 2011 at 07:44 , Blogger Bloggomy said...

A change is a as good as a rest they say! Agree with Kate that a page of old headers is a cool idea - I changed my header about 2 months ago, it can give a whole new feel to a new blog x

 
At 28 April 2011 at 12:55 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the new header. I need a header too, feel most plain!

 
At 1 May 2011 at 12:16 , Blogger Jen Walshaw said...

I love your headers and love the way to achive them too

 
At 4 May 2011 at 13:39 , Blogger This Mid 30s Life said...

The new header is fantastic. Maybe you could put the old one on one of your pages? Not sure if that's possible but would be great to keep it visible somewhere.

 
At 4 May 2011 at 13:40 , Blogger This Mid 30s Life said...

Oh I am such a dickhead, that would be your Headsdown page. Just ignore me. Loser.
x

 
At 11 May 2011 at 21:02 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Thanks all, glad you approve :)

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home