This Page

has been moved to new address

Q and A

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alexander Residence: Q and A

Monday 18 April 2011

Q and A

I have been tagged by Gemma of helloitsgemma and Jane of How I like my Coffee.  I am actually really excited about this one, because as Gemma correctly predicted, I am a big Guardian reader and like Gemma have tried on many occasions to concoct my own answers to this Q and A while reading the answers of famous people.  I even noticed that some of the Guardian questions are mysteriously missing, that's how much of a fan I am.  So where did they go?

Anyway now I will get on with it before you put me in the first of three categories you have to pigeonhole me into (according to the legend that accompanies this meme):
  a. ‘KNOB’ b. ‘nice person’ c. ‘I’d go for a pint with youers’ (yours?)

Which living person do you most admire, and why?
No one single person holds the key to the universe.  My mum left me lots of keys though, and lives on in my huge admiration.  I admire my Dad and brother their strength and determination.   I admire my husband for being a fearless entrepreneur.
When were you happiest?
My wedding day, and when each of my children (finally) arrived.
What was your most embarrassing moment?
Farting in yoga.  It did however, give me and my friend the biggest laugh afterwards.
Aside from property, what’s the most expensive thing you’ve bought?
Our caravan
What is your most treasured possession?
Although it pains me to keep it, an ansaphone message from my mum.
Where would you like to live?
Brighton, for the third and final time please.
What’s your favourite smell?
Herbs in our garden.
Who would play you in the film of your life?
I did a Drama degree, so I reckon I would like to give it a whirl.
What is your favourite book?
1984, by George Orwell
What is your most unappealing habit?
Getting on my soapbox without thinking of the circumstances of the person I am talking to. That or caring too much what other people think.
What would be your fancy dress costume of choice?
Something glamorous please. Too many rubbish experiences.

What is your earliest memory?
My baby brother falling downstairs in his carrycot. My mum in her psychological wisdom, always said it was either a false memory, or wishful 2 year old thinking.  If so, then it is watching the stars through a skylight whilst singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
What is your guiltiest pleasure?
Glee by the box set
What do you owe your parents?
A liberal, loving upbringing
To whom would you most like to say sorry, and why?
Those friends who have been a big part of my life and then slipped away again.  Friendship is a funny thing, some of the best ones are fleeting.
What or who is the greatest love of your life?
Mr Alexander and the extension of that love, our children.
What does love feel like?
Swinging on a trapeze with a safety net you know will always catch you.
What was the best kiss of your life?
Bar Cuba, Macclesfield, August 1998.
Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
Lovely. Cool. Fab.
What is the worst job you’ve done?
Chambermaid at the Grand Hotel Brighton, but it did inspire ten chapters of a novel.
If you could edit your past, what would you change?
On leaving university I would have opened the door marked Journalist, but then perhaps I would be asking for a different door now if I had.
What is the closest you’ve come to death?
Leaving Montreal on the last day of our honeymoon, our taxi sailed through a huge pile up.  We watched it from the rear window. It was the most surreal thing to drive away and take a plane home, leaving carnage behind.
What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Individually, my degree result.  As a team, my marriage and my children.
When did you last cry, and why?
Tonight when I put my daughter to bed, she told me she had dreamt my mum was still alive.
How do you relax?
Running, yoga, writing, blogging, with friends, with Mr A, watching Disneys as a family.
What single thing would improve the quality of your life?
More time to write.
What is the most important lesson life has taught you?
Live in the now.

I am tagging Imperfect Pages, for the wise words of a philosopher, Helen at Casa Costello because we have an expensive possession in common, Headhuntress in Hampshire because she is absolutely fascinating and Witwitwoo because we just 'met' and I would like to know more.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 16 April 2011 at 22:20 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh love this, like reading a rollercoaster - highs of wedding day and farting in yoga and Mr A stuff and then when you last cried and the ansphone message and the closest thing to death.
I hope I am more than fleeting X

 
At 17 April 2011 at 00:33 , Blogger Jen Walshaw said...

Love the new header. I have to say that we are so connected at the momnet, guess what I too have an answer machine message from my mum, that I can not bring to wipe off and the tears yep, pretty much the same

 
At 17 April 2011 at 09:15 , Blogger Kate said...

Farting in yoga is not very Zen is it?!

 
At 18 April 2011 at 09:20 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Gemma - Life is indeed a rollercoaster. Thanks for the tag, itwas quite therapeutic. I hope so too, reckon it's hard to loose touch when we have blogs, twitter, facebook, email, phone ;) x
The Mad House - Thank you, huge hug. Look forward to reading yours.
Kate - thanks for drawing more attention to that ;) At least I don't...ah no I will let people visit you to find out your sins!

 
At 18 April 2011 at 18:58 , Anonymous Kate aka WitWitWoo said...

Love this! Can really relate to the answerphone message from your mum - my mum's mobile is with her jewelry in the loft, still find it too hard to listen to but glad it's there. Thanks for the tag - I too farted in yoga, will have to find something else embarrassing to write about - wont be difficult! x

 
At 19 April 2011 at 09:17 , Blogger How I Like My Coffee said...

Nice answers...I am loving this Q&A! Finding out so much about people. I did a Drama Degree too.

 
At 19 April 2011 at 11:20 , Anonymous Honest Mum said...

Such a wonderful post. So funny about farting in yoga. We've all been there but don't tell anyone...whoops x

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home