This Page

has been moved to new address

Fridges, severed heads, polar bears and politics

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alexander Residence: Fridges, severed heads, polar bears and politics

Wednesday 13 April 2011

Fridges, severed heads, polar bears and politics

So there's this guy who wants to see inside my fridge. He showed me inside his and there was a severed head.

Now that would make a great short story opening don't you think?

So this fridge meme.  Fridges do say a lot about a person, but once you've seen inside one, you've kind of seen them all. So when Him Up North offered to tag me, I was in two minds. He's set the bar a bit high with the contents of his fridge.   I'm also a bit concerned he might chop my head off and refrigerate it if I don't join in.

We're a bit more relaxed in the Alexander Residence (that or my kids are too little for severed head masks) , so this is what was in my fridge this morning:


On a more serious note, my fridge does make big political statements.
Sweet potato, spinach, lettuce, swede, carrot, broccoli, parsley, eggs, beans, fruit salad, Mr A's sneaky chicken supply (the rest of us are vegetarian - better for health, the environment, animals, the wallet), milk, tonic, jam, butter, homemade playdough (so much better than the stuff in pots), pesto, tofu, tub of feta cheese cubes (cool invention), jam, a lone kinder egg, yogurts.

Lots of it is organic, from amazing able and cole, because it's better for animals, people, hedgerows, farmers, small producers, health, the environment, taste, keeping in touch with the seasons and because they don't use air freight.  It's a myth that eating organic has to be expensive.

Open my fridge and open lots of debates.

And in the door:
More milk, wine, apple juice, olives, sauce, cheese, butter, tomato puree. 

Right Ready Steady Cook, can anyone please suggest something good to make with that lot?

Tagged - some very funny bloggers Mummy and Monkey, KateTakes5, Mid30sLife, and some yummy food bloggers Crumbs, UtterlyScrummy and two hardcore redheds (just don't expect food to feature highly) Witwitwoo and Babylon Lane Tales

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At 13 April 2011 at 22:41 , Anonymous Lucy said...

Isn't that a dog in your fridge? I thought you said you were vegetarian? Wait til you see what's in mine.
Crumbs

 
At 13 April 2011 at 22:52 , Anonymous TheBoyandMe said...

I've got organic and veggie stuff too. Rather disappointed that I have ham for the hubby and tuna for The Boy.

Penguins in your fridge? I prefer the chocolate type.

 
At 14 April 2011 at 07:24 , Blogger Kate said...

That's very commendable and I have to say 5 years ago my own fridge would have looked very similar - these days it's a very different story...

 
At 14 April 2011 at 07:33 , Anonymous Vickie said...

Very healthy, so is that a exclusive cocktail party going on in there?

 
At 14 April 2011 at 12:49 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Lucy and Kate I look forward to my grand tour.
Vickie you are very welcome to a cocktail.
Boy and M,, good to meet a fellow veggie.

 
At 14 April 2011 at 21:43 , Blogger This Mid 30s Life said...

That is a very hard act to follow. There's hardly anything in ours at the moment, so I'll re-stock and play along.
x

 
At 15 April 2011 at 15:41 , Anonymous Lucinda said...

I just have to say, I Love the feta cube pot! With the cute basket thing!

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home