This Page

has been moved to new address

Never work with children or hamsters, with added VLOG

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alexander Residence: Never work with children or hamsters, with added VLOG

Monday 11 April 2011

Never work with children or hamsters, with added VLOG

We have been asked to review The Littlest Pet Shop Hamster Playground.  Okay I admit its the kind of toy that makes my heart sink a little.  Lots of packaging, plastic, lots of fiddly bits, wierd anime style rodents that are scarier than the real life fluffy things (and I had the world's most evil hamster as a child).

But my children loved this toy, they even shared it, it is designed with playing together in mind.  I was impressed with the hamster ball doubling up as a container for all the tiny fiddly plastic bits which are a parent's nightmare, the Hoover's snack of choice and the four year old's dream.  I like the fact it helped them learn about pet care (and will hopefully distract them a little longer from wanting a real one).

Anyway actions speak louder than words, so here is our family review plus some out takes in which my lapse parenting and some other stuff is revealed:



It also went to the caravan with us, and was the perfect toy to occupy them in a small space.

Just to point out (from the mum who leaves sharp objects hanging around) that although my 2yo was involved in reviewing this,  it is a 4 plus toy, due to small parts.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 12 April 2011 at 07:29 , Blogger Kate said...

Hey I used to have that spotty tablecloth!
Great review - funny and engaging. Miss L is quite the little star isn't she?!

 
At 12 April 2011 at 12:35 , Anonymous John said...

Nice video and great review. Thanks for sharing.

 
At 14 April 2011 at 12:54 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved this vlog - have to admit the outakes were my favourite bit (as always..) I laughed outloud at the sharp things removal. I'm reminded of the time a toddler Zeph got hold of a breadknife at breakfast time and waved it enthusiastically at us. We had to drop a towel over him to get it back. I also loved the ending, devastatingly effective!

 
At 15 April 2011 at 13:40 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Thank you.
Dichotomy of yep we have had a couple of toddler knife wielding moments too, now I know how to solve them, great tip ;)

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home