This Page

has been moved to new address

Listography Five First Albums

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alexander Residence: Listography Five First Albums

Wednesday 6 April 2011

Listography Five First Albums

The first singles I bought were actually quite cool (Nick Kershaw, Diana Ross, Aztec Camera). But no,  Kate Takes 5 is clever, she wants albums for this week's listography.

One...deep breath
Elton John - strictly speaking this was from Mum and Dad's collection, but aged five I went to great lengths to make my own taped version. Saturday Night and Crocodile Rock were my faves.

Two...okay this one's pretty cool
Duran Duran - aged six I had a huge argument with my best friend Claire because I was singing the vocals and the backing vocals to Wild Boys, whereas she was just singing the vocals. I was very sad when Simon Le Bon got married.
Three...still love this one to this day
Wham - although I always felt guilty about listening to Wham after reading a slightly steamy article about Andrew and George in the dentist's waiting room aged about seven. Can't remember what it was about
but it probably wasn't very appropriate for my age.

Four...classic
Pet Shop Boys - Great for singing along, out of tune, aged nine, on long car journeys with my walkman headphones in.

Five...oh no really don't want to admit to this
Kylie by Kylie Minogue, and I even autographed it 'To Penny love Kylie'. Massive cringe.

Dear Reader
Forgive me my musical sins.
I was young and knew no better.
Thanks.

Labels: , , , , , ,

14 Comments:

At 10 April 2011 at 14:05 , Anonymous Kerryonliving said...

Been offline for a couple of weeks and now seen your vlog and your bmb blogger of the week - how brill are you?! Congrats and look forward to more vlogs from chez Alexander with your lovely soothing tones xxx

 
At 10 April 2011 at 14:05 , Anonymous Carrie said...

I can't believe what awesome memories you all have! The only album I recall owning as a kid, pre teenager days, was an Elvis tape. I was so in love with him. I saw a picture of him at a thrift store when I was real young. I thought I was going to pass out. I just knew he was the man I should marry. ( I might have been five or six!) I ran over to my mom and gushed that THIS was the man I was going to marry. As nonchalant as you can get when crushing your daughter's heart into a fine powder she said "Honey, he's dead". Ugh.

 
At 10 April 2011 at 14:05 , Anonymous AlexanderResidence said...

Thank you for letting me know. I can't believe there's a link on BMB
to this post. Here was I thinking I had got away with it. The shame!

 
At 10 April 2011 at 14:05 , Anonymous mid30slife said...

Firstly, congratulations on BMB Blogger of the Week!!

Secondly, I can't believe you autographed your own Kylie album. You've partly redeemed yourself by admitting to it in such a public forum, but still, you autographed your own Kylie album. Oh the shame!!

 
At 10 April 2011 at 14:05 , Anonymous Lexie Martin said...

Snap on the Pet Shop Boys! Wasn't cool enough to own Duran Duran until I was much older (and then it wasn't cool any more)

 
At 10 April 2011 at 14:05 , Anonymous Themumofalltrades said...

mine wasn't much better! I am really enjoying reading your blog. I loved your post on music you want your children to hear.

 
At 10 April 2011 at 14:05 , Anonymous AlexanderResidence said...

Nah it's stuffed under my bed at my parents house. There's no way I am letting that one get away!

 
At 10 April 2011 at 14:05 , Anonymous Kate G said...

You self signed Kylies album?? Hahahaha - brilliant! Wonder where it is now...probably eBay.

 
At 10 April 2011 at 14:05 , Anonymous AlexanderResidence said...

Spoilsport! I'm guessing Kylie?

 
At 10 April 2011 at 14:05 , Anonymous AlexanderResidence said...

Have you seen Gnomeo and juliet the whole soundtrack is Elton John. Love that you clean to it. Sgt Peppers v cool!

 
At 10 April 2011 at 14:05 , Anonymous Abby said...

I love Elton John! Rocket Man, Saturday Night, Crocodile Rock? Classics! I still listen to a bit of Elton when I'm cleaning :)

My first album was The Beatles, Sgt. Pepper's. I'm not sure what my top 5 would be . . . I'm sure Elvis was in there though. x

 
At 10 April 2011 at 14:05 , Anonymous Emma said...

Well, I owned at least two of those... not telling you which ones though! The signing the Kylie album bit made me laugh, bet you weren't the only one to do that at some point! Emma (Ps. thanks for your comment on my blog :) )

 
At 10 April 2011 at 14:06 , Anonymous AlexanderResidence said...

I believe you!

 
At 10 April 2011 at 14:06 , Anonymous A Farmer's Wife said...

Kylie is still cool. Really, really - I promise...

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home