This Page

has been moved to new address

Listography My Wedding and some competitions.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alexander Residence: Listography My Wedding and some competitions.

Monday 25 April 2011

Listography My Wedding and some competitions.

I will start by saying I am no royalist, but I see no reason not to make the most of an extra bank holiday.  I will be attending a friend's Royal Wedding party, not because I want to watch it, but because I want to see my friends.  However, once surrounded by excited girlfriends who aren't married, I may succomb to an excuse to gawp at a wedding dress and nod sagely as the wedding unfolds. 

In preparation for imparting married lady wisdom I thought I would take up Kate Takes 5 invitation to reflect on the improvements we would make to our own weddings.   It was perfect, but there's always room to tweak.
1.  Don't become Bridezilla.  In the run up to the big day, don't spoil a romantic getaway to Verona bickering about lack of interest in discusssing table decorations.

2.  Don't panic on starter's orders.  I was supposed to be entering to Nina Simone's  Feeling Good.  I had my cue all rehearsed, but in nervous excitement I charged in, there was a bit of music, but no lyrics, Nina didn't even get to Feel Good.

3.  Offer the Best man and Woman something medicinal to calm them down.   For some reason they were more nervous than us, even without the getting married bit.

4.  After a year long health kick and beauty regime your wedding day is not the day to beg crafty cigarettes from fourth cousin Nigel.

5.  Ask the photographer to focus on someone other than me for some of the shots.  I know generous aren't I?

I will leave you with two chances to win something to help this bank holiday go with a swing.  Innocent offered me some vouchers to try their lovely orange juice.  They are having a street party competition to win champagne and other street party paraphenalia.

Pampers are also offering a chance to show off photographs of your little princes and princesses celebrating the bank holiday, to win a day being treated as royalty and a year's supply of nappies.

Oh and one last bit of fun, if you need to get in role for the day why not invent a Royal Wedding Day Character?  Take a grandparent's first name, your first pet and a street you have live on.

I am Lady Winifred Ouzel-Cedars, bottoms up!  And who are you?

Labels: , , , , ,

17 Comments:

At 25 April 2011 at 08:31 , Anonymous Jennie said...

I am Lady Phyllis Pepper-Grange! Very pleased to meet you x

 
At 25 April 2011 at 08:38 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smoking with 4th cousin Nigel? outrageous.
Yours sincerely, Hon. Nora Zeberdee Layhams but you knew that!

Get yourself a red, white and blue outfit and get into the swing of it!

 
At 25 April 2011 at 09:21 , Blogger Metal Mummy said...

I'd be a Winifred too!

Lady Winifred Rainbow-Coppice

I'm not sure how royal the Rainbow is... Especially after it was a cat that decided to kill herself by getting stuck in a window...

Fab list. I'll have to things to prepare for my wedding, seeing as it's not happened yet! x

 
At 25 April 2011 at 09:23 , Blogger Kate said...

Gosh you packed a lot into that post! Totally love your wedding day pic - how very sophisticated.

 
At 25 April 2011 at 11:19 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Enchanted Lady Pepper Grange, Lady Rainbow-Coppice and Hon Zeberdee Layhams. I can tell you all come from good stock ;)
Kate - yes I saw your listography and suddenly it all came together :)

 
At 25 April 2011 at 11:56 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the photo and a great list. You sounded very organised unlike me!

 
At 25 April 2011 at 13:31 , Blogger Mummy and the Beastie said...

You sounded a very organised Bridezilla! lovely photo (even if it was all about you, lol) x

 
At 25 April 2011 at 15:28 , Blogger Inside the Wendy House said...

Lovely wedding pic!
Sincerely,
Lady Eliza Bon-Chalvey

 
At 25 April 2011 at 15:39 , Blogger overthehillmum said...

Oh the second one did make me laugh ;)

 
At 25 April 2011 at 20:13 , Blogger EmVi said...

Beautiful picture. I'm sure you weren't like any of those bridezillas on the tv. From Lady Ellen Kiki Westering-Parkway

 
At 25 April 2011 at 21:56 , Blogger multiplemummy said...

Lady Jean Bonnie-Broome

Beautiful photo! Speeches are a pressure, we wish we had done them sooner so the best man, hubby and my Dad could relax. x

 
At 25 April 2011 at 22:38 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a fantastic photo!

Have been a trifle busy and so have not popped onto the blog for a bit, will get back into the swing of things soon.

Lots of love,
Lady Constance Jasmyn-Frost (the one with the big hat and purple rinse)

 
At 26 April 2011 at 09:08 , Anonymous Kath Parklover said...

Nice to know I wasn't the only one to walk down the aisle to something non-traditional - Dusty Springfield's "The Look of Love" in my case.
Kind Regards,
Dame Muriel Frisky-Dales

 
At 26 April 2011 at 13:06 , Blogger Kara said...

great list, I did the same thing with my walking in son, no words made it x

 
At 26 April 2011 at 14:12 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha I'd be Dame Sylvia Tammy-Brynland which I think sounds totally authentic :)In fact I'm off to buy some corgis...

Great list and gorgeous photo

 
At 27 April 2011 at 13:54 , Blogger A Farmer's Wife said...

Loved your wedding list - I don't think you are the only bride to have bolted down the aisle....

I am Dame Lilian Poppet-Chalcombe (oh dear, what else do you expect from a damn colonial?)

 
At 28 April 2011 at 14:02 , Blogger This Mid 30s Life said...

Stunning photo, great list. (Big Nina Simone fan here!!)
xx

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home