This Page

has been moved to new address

The Gallery My Backyard

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alexander Residence: The Gallery My Backyard

Wednesday 25 May 2011

The Gallery My Backyard


What really excites me about our backyard, is the way my dad passes on his love of gardening to my two, just like my Grandad did with me and my brother.

I never paid enough attention, but now my 4yo is teaching me that it's fine to just give it a whirl and see what happens.  I think her fingers are a lot greener than mine.  Or maybe she's just less afraid of getting it wrong. Our garden is still patchy, as we learn what to do with it, but I am very grateful to have a Head Gardener like my Dad.

The children have their own little patch of garden, which they call the Gran garden, in memory of my mum.  They can do what they like with it, but there have been some nice surprises:

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At 25 May 2011 at 16:04 , Anonymous Lins said...

How lovely to pass down skills to the younger generation - Granddads’ are indeed very special. Viva the family.

 
At 25 May 2011 at 16:16 , Anonymous Reluctant Housedad said...

Wow. What a great post. Video! That is so impressive. Gonna have to learn how to do that. Really brings things to life. Good stuff.

 
At 25 May 2011 at 17:19 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The gran garden is such a nice idea. Lovely that wildflowers are growing there.

 
At 25 May 2011 at 18:41 , Anonymous Little Grandma said...

The Gran garden is a beautiful idea, and very impressive!

 
At 25 May 2011 at 19:57 , Anonymous tiddlyompompom said...

that's so lovely. my grandpa was a very keen gardener and tried hard to get me to love it too. wish he was around now to tell me what we should be doing. love the gran garden idea too :)

 
At 25 May 2011 at 20:20 , Anonymous Funky Wellies said...

Love the fact that your Dad is carrying on the family tradition. Lovely photo of him and your children.

 
At 25 May 2011 at 20:43 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

photos and vlog. Lovely memories for the kids garden with granddad - its the proper stuff of child hood.
It will be wonderful to watch the special garden develop - enjoy X

 
At 25 May 2011 at 21:28 , Anonymous TheBoyandMe said...

Oh I might have just cried. How beautiful to have a gran garden, and how lovely that the plants are growing so big and strong.

 
At 27 May 2011 at 19:32 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats just so lovely. xx

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home