This Page

has been moved to new address

My Cybermummy Sponsor

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alexander Residence: My Cybermummy Sponsor

Tuesday 24 May 2011

My Cybermummy Sponsor

I honestly thought my birthday couldn't get any better. My family and friends went out of their way to make my 34th truly magical. Dad treated us to a huge curry on Friday, my brother and his girlfriend took the kids during the day on Saturday.  I had a haircut, and they made me cake. Even though I left it to the last minute to invite them, friends came to help me party on Saturday night.

I was just collapsing on the sofa on Sunday, after dropping the last of my guests at the station, the kids were in bed, the hangover was subsiding.  A quick check of my iphone and there in my inbox was an email entitled 'Happy Birthday!'  It was more than just birthday wishes though, it was an email letting me know Netmums wanted to be my Cybermummy sponsor.

I am thrilled to bits because Netmums made a huge difference to my life when I first moved from London to Nottingham, eight months pregnant with my first child, knowing no-one. I made some good friends through Netmums. I've also made good use of the Nearly New area.

I also have a lot of respect for Netmums campaigns, particularly the Real Parenting Revolution which calls for 'a societal understanding and acknowledgement of the challenges of being a parent in our post-recession era', in other words, championing 'good enough' parenting, and challenging the unachieveable, yet much touted ideal, of the 'perfect parent'. 

Netmums really 'get' blogging and have been great to work with.  As part of the Netmums Bloggers Network I've had the chance to review some fab new products and been recompensed for my time and expenses. My reviews have been featured on the Netmums site.

So I am thrilled to be a Netmums representative at Cybermummy.  Thanks Netmums, I think 34 is going to be a very good year!

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At 24 May 2011 at 21:45 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats brilliant!! Looking forward to seeing you at CyberMummy! x

 
At 24 May 2011 at 21:53 , Blogger Metal Mummy said...

Yay, congratulations fellow Netmums reviewer :) Great sponsor! See you there xx

 
At 24 May 2011 at 21:55 , Anonymous Katie @mummydaddyme said...

What a great sponsor! See you there x

 
At 24 May 2011 at 21:57 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Yes see you there! Ooh so excited to meet everyone.
Metal mummy hope you had a fab holiday! Remember when we all first tweeted about going, we've come on a bit since then!

 
At 24 May 2011 at 21:58 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Hi Katie, see you there!

 
At 25 May 2011 at 12:13 , Blogger Kate said...

Woo hoo - partners in crime! Can't wait. x

 
At 25 May 2011 at 14:24 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Wahey! We've come a long way from the New to Blogging forum on BritMums last Autumn ;) Can't wait either!

 
At 27 May 2011 at 09:18 , Blogger Jen Walshaw said...

Well done, it will be great to see you there

 
At 1 June 2011 at 08:01 , Blogger Sian To said...

I'm looking forward to meeting you - though I'm really bad with names and may be slightly frazzled. Please do say hi!

 
At 1 June 2011 at 14:25 , Blogger Local Girl said...

Great! Looking forward to seeing you there :)

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home