This Page

has been moved to new address

You're late! You're late! Your late! For a very important date.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alexander Residence: You're late! You're late! Your late! For a very important date.

Tuesday 31 May 2011

You're late! You're late! Your late! For a very important date.

As the White Rabbit in Alice In Wonderland would say.  And indeed today has been one of those days, where we have been late, after late, after late, but we did have a marvellous adventure in a rabbit warren which I must blog about.
Architects of Air's Luminarium

Each June Architects of Air erect a huge inflatable sculpture, outside the Lakeside Theatre in the grounds of Nottingham University. It looks like a cross between a circus top and a bouncy castle, but it's actually a series of tunnels flooded with different coloured lights, kind of like futuristic rabbit warren or chill out zone.

This is the first year we have made it in, mainly because, theatre being my thing, I have normally just booked to see loads of performances for the children's theatre festival.  Although, just like the theatre festival, the Luminarium was magical.  I would have liked to have spent more time in there, as soon as I went in I felt my mind clearing.

Unfortunately I don't have children who cling to my heels, or have the faintest notion of what getting lost in a seamless rubber maze might be like.  So I spent quite a lot of time trying to keep track of them.  Still they loved it as you can see from the video. And apart from going from shopping, to a play, to this, to swimming lessons, with no time to process it all, so did I.

Wish they wouldn't always run off in opposite directions though...



The Wheee! Lakeside Theatre Festival runs this weekend In Nottingham, and is packed with children's theatre performances as well as plenty of free entertainment   The Luminarium is open from now, until Sunday, with sessions for children and adults only too.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 1 June 2011 at 10:36 , Blogger Kate said...

Very cool! Have you found your daughter yet?

 
At 1 June 2011 at 14:27 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Lost and found and lost, and found again! I swear she is Alice in Wonderland reincaranted.

 
At 25 July 2011 at 20:44 , Blogger Jenny said...

Hee hee how fab! I imagine it will be a wee bit trippy like Alice in Wnderland :) xx

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home