This Page

has been moved to new address

Summer loving, happened so fast, slow, fast, slow.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alexander Residence: Summer loving, happened so fast, slow, fast, slow.

Sunday 12 June 2011

Summer loving, happened so fast, slow, fast, slow.

BritMums have challenged me to vlog about Summer Holidays.  Do I favour the bootcamp approach or am I more laid back?  Miss L starts school in Sept, so organising that long summer break is something we have yet to experience.  But when it comes to my husband and I organising summer holidays, let's just say opposites attract...


So are you a judging type, planned, researched and settled ahead?  Or are you a perceiving type, spontaneous, flexible and options open?

Here's a free mini version of the Myer's Briggs test.  Although I did the full version with a psychologist, the on-line ones came out with the same results for me.

I'm an ENTJ, with a tendency to be logical and analytical, to theorise, to be direct, energetic, articulate and stimulating.  Prone to emotional explosion, acting before reflecting and impatience with younger or less experienced people.  Hmmm, that makes me sound great doesn't it?  I can't recommend the test enough though, it helps you identify your natural preferences, so you can choose to go with or against them.  And as the vlog kind of demonstrates, it helps you understand what makes other people tick.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At 13 June 2011 at 07:20 , Blogger Kate said...

You're so watchable! Love it. Off to do the test!

 
At 13 June 2011 at 09:23 , Blogger Jen Walshaw said...

I love this, I too am a judging type!

 
At 13 June 2011 at 19:50 , Blogger Rachel said...

You are such a natural vlogger (and I love the intro sequence btw)!

I'll have to work up my courage to take the test. I fear it will only confirm my suspicions and diagnose me as: 'paranoid jerk with cake addiction.'
~M

 
At 14 June 2011 at 06:33 , Blogger March 17th said...

Just did the test, love it thanks for posting x

 
At 14 June 2011 at 12:13 , Blogger Becky (Hazel and Blue) said...

Hi Penny, fab vlog! I love personality tests and finding out how people tick. I am similar to you, I like structure around me and am less spontaneous than I would like to be. Ive done the BBC personality test and it said I was a realist! I like that word realist. Bx

 
At 14 June 2011 at 12:46 , Blogger Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Thanks Kate. Got your results on Twitter, we are opposites, perhaps that's why we clicked?
Mum at the Mad House - glad it's not just me!
MaƱana Mama - do it, I bet you will be entertaining, if you're writing is anything to go by!
Belgravia Wife - good to meet you, must drop by Belgravia!
Becky - so lovely to hear from you, thanks, realist does sound good to me. Will have to check this one out, thanks.

 
At 15 June 2011 at 20:24 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I gosh! I can't do it - I have bad memories of spending hours doing the testing on an awful work away day. No idea what I am. I do like leaflets and a plan but equally am happy to go off plan at a moments notice.
Another fab vlog!

 
At 24 October 2011 at 14:10 , Blogger Unknown said...

How interesting!

I'm a 'perceiving' type and H is a 'judging' type. We too have ended up with a caravan!

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home